Anyone snag any decent Black Friday deals today?

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
I got a Fenix E05 for like $13 and an E15, the new one for $24.... basically 20% off. Got some good deals on batteries too. :rock:

Of course I didn't go out anywhere, just online.

Anyone else? :confused:

Butters4sure

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking all day. I haven't seen anything worth talking about. 20 percent is nice, but thats not a deal of the year like we want!

clintb

Enlightened
I got a Jetbeam TCR20 for $126 and a Fenix CLR25 for $47.

tops2

Enlightened
I'm also debating Armytek Partner A2 v2 XM-L2 directly from Armytek or Nitecore MT20A with discount from Illumn. Both of these are about same price after shipping/taxes so hard to decide... I like how the Armytek Partner A2 seems real sturdy, the modes/runtime is good and it seems like I'd get pretty decent flood based on pictures or videos I found. The Nitecore MT20A's mode selection sounds so natural to use, has good runtime, but I'm not sure if this is more of a throw light or flood (or a good balance of both).

Decisions decisions...

Was debating between Fenix E05 vs Olight i3s also, but don't know if I really care to get an AAA light. Where did you get the Fenix E05 for $13?

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Defiant 3C 850 lumen flashlight from Home Depot for $10.
A few 60 packs (30 AA, 30 AAA) Rayovac batteries for $10 each.
A 5 Amp 18 Volt Milwaukee lithium ion tool battery and charger for $100. (Runs my 700 lumen Milwaukee lantern with USB charger).

There were no lines at Home Depot.

lund1660

Newly Enlightened
I also bought the defiant 3c 850 luman, what other batteries would fit? It's definitely not 850 Lumans but it's not bad.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
I'm also debating Armytek Partner A2 v2 XM-L2 directly from Armytek or Nitecore MT20A with discount from Illumn. Both of these are about same price after shipping/taxes so hard to decide... I like how the Armytek Partner A2 seems real sturdy, the modes/runtime is good and it seems like I'd get pretty decent flood based on pictures or videos I found. The Nitecore MT20A's mode selection sounds so natural to use, has good runtime, but I'm not sure if this is more of a throw light or flood (or a good balance of both).

Decisions decisions...

Was debating between Fenix E05 vs Olight i3s also, but don't know if I really care to get an AAA light. Where did you get the Fenix E05 for $13?

That was the Fenix store. They will probably have a Cyber Monday with similar deals.

*edit* It was Battery Junction ... and almost $14, sorry. It's a great EDC light though, I have one already.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/fenix-e05-xpe2-2014.html

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
I saw that Defiant 3C 850 lumen flashlight from Home Depot for $10 and almost picked it up, but then I thought... I have smaller and better, what would I do with it? Gift it? nah... 2 hour run time.

What is the beam like? I imagine floody with a large hot spot?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
How many went to home depot looking for that $24 twin pack of mini mag pro's? (Bykfixer raises hand)

Mine had none.
But I got a twin pack of Defiant penlights for $4.88 that normally go for nearly $6 each. Not a mini mag was left in the joint.

The wife braved the Wal Mart crowd and scored me a mag combo of aa pro and a solitaire for $23.
Black of course being black friday and all.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got several MiniMags, the new 272 lumen ones, from Home Depot. $13 each.

They did not have the package they advertised, one 2xAA Minimag and that 2xAAA contraption with 111 lumens all in one package. So after talking to the managers, they gave me a discount for the existing Minimags. Actually ended up with a better deal than the Black Friday ad. Since I don't have much attachment to the AAAs format.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
YES! I was on Orbtronic's e-newsletter and received a code for 30% off. So I bought 4 of their 3500mAH high-drain IMR flat tops. They are now my favorite brand of rechargeable cells, e.g., 18650, 14500, and 16340s. Sal over there is super! ;-)

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
LuminTop L1C from HKEquipment - 65% off and BLF code works ( published so available- HKE80 ) and gives a further 8% off = £18.39.
Very good savings on Black Friday deals on slightly unfashionable lights but includes Fenix, Xtar, Skilhunt.

stephenk

Enlightened
Got several MiniMags, the new 272 lumen ones, from Home Depot. $13 each.
In Australian retail (Masters), the 2xAA MiniMag is $35, and it's only an older generation 81 lumen model. Not much incentive to purchase from (non-online) stores in Aus!

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many went to home depot looking for that $24 twin pack of mini mag pro's? (Bykfixer raises hand)

Mine had none.
........... The wife braved the Wal Mart crowd and scored me a mag combo of aa pro and a solitaire for $23. Black of course being black friday and all.

bykfixer, (And your brave wife)

You 2 Are Lucky! :naughty: :rolleyes: :cool: :(