XPS L2000 from Bass Pro Shop

gnolivos

Newly Enlightened
Bought this one today from Bass Pro Shop for $80.

Specs:
-2000 Lumen manufacturer claim.
- Four light settings. High medium low and strobe.
- aluminum housing with anodized finish.
-3 Cree XM-L2U2.
-3 18650 Li-ion rechargeable batteries.
-Car charger included.

All I can say is I have several smaller Led lights and this is far far brighter. Happy to answer any questions.
ebde539a3d8674135d370cb4618b8075.jpg
84e83eb234f2ee3ee4fa1dcd6d93e3e5.jpg
a3bc8d8d8ff2a9931159182013df05df.jpg
5a7665c8ecab503c8d14fe48b5fde4cc.jpg

Last edited:

redceligts

Newly Enlightened
That's affordable for a 2000 lumens light, would be great if it keeps that mode or 1500 lumens for at least 45 minutes. Can you post some outdoor beam shots? Thanks.

gnolivos

Newly Enlightened
Well I have tested this light for a couple of days and I am ready to provide some additional information.

It is definitely a very bright light. I would say the 2000 lm specification is about right. The beam pattern is more of a flood than a throw. But it does have a slight concentration of light at the center, which is in fact in my opinion a perfect beam pattern.
The batteries it comes with are 2000 MAH.
I like that you plug it directly to the light for charging. No need to remove the batteries.
The construction is very solid, and with batteries weighs about 520 g.
The lens however seems to be plastic. There are some barely noticeable ring patterns however.
It only got somewhat warm after full power for about 10 minutes.
It has a high, medium, low, and strobe mode.

Now for the real flaw: you have to cycle through all modes in order to turn on or off. You cannot to just go to highbeam, use for five minutes, and then expect to turn off with one click. You will have to go through medium, low, strobe and then off.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks a bit like a TM11/TM15 with a handle and a lot of plastic.

The shallow reflectors are a sure sign it's going to be floody.

After charging via the supplied plug, I'd be interested in knowing if the batteries are all the same voltage, as in-unit charging scares me.

Is there any way to lock out the tail cap to remove parasitic drain?

gnolivos

Newly Enlightened
I did actually just return it. I only bought it for testing. I am trying to find a serious light. Not in stock. ahywhere.! thrunite NT35

gnolivos

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for this. Ended up getting two new lights.
-Thrunite TN35
-Nitecore SRT7

I hope these are good choices!

Norman Pigg

Newly Enlightened
I purchased this same flash light in December. It is a wonderful light, especially for the price. I have been having trouble with the light shutting down after about 1-2 minutes of operation. After about 3-4 minutes the light turns off again and stays light for about 30 seconds before shutting off once again. Is anyone else experiencing this problem on this light?

I went to exchange it at Bass Pro but they tell me that it was a special holiday item and is not currently sold.