PowerTac?

fadetoblack73

Newly Enlightened
I have been a fan of PowerTac lights for several years. I currently own 7 PowerTac lights and I am very happy with their performance.

Why is it that you hardly ever hear anything about the company? I am not on this forum everyday (or every week), but I don't see very much said about PowerTac.

Is there something that I don't know about the company that most everyone else does?

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there something that I don't know about the company that most everyone else does?

I'll just go ahead and clarify this POWERTAC, LLC, JIAN LI, BORENCIO DARDEN, JIAN LI AND BORENCIO DARDEN PARTNERSHIP lawsuit.

It's all publically available anyways but I'll summarize.

Jian/Powertac/Tacbeam/Borencio owes Olight approximately $160,000 and refuses to pay. Olight assigned the debt to Fenix Flashlights, LLC (one of my companies) to pursue this debt.

Basically Olight shipped $160,000 worth of product to Jian/Powertac/Borencio late 2011 by ocean. Jian asked for a special waiver to not pay the bill until the products arrived.
Meanwhile beginning 2012 Jian/Powertac/Borencio started their own brand - in fact this was started months ago, in breach of their Olight distributorship contract.

Basically they used the $160,000 they stole from Olight to start their company. Actually the net revenue is probably double that because they sold Olight product at retail and wholesale and not at cost.
So they made out with a third to a half a million dollars from stealing from Olight.

Fenix acquired that debt and filed suit to claim the unpaid debt. simple right? It's been two years already. They still refused to pay the debt.

Anyway - I can write a book on this. There is no limit to the deceptive craft that has been going on.
All I can say is justice will be served. It's not a matter of if but of when.

:)

-David

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
Who woulda' thought that there would be so much scandal and intrigue in the world of flashlights?
Lawsuits, ripoffs, stealing, and more seem to be showing up a lot.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Despite all that, some people continue to keep them in business and take part in increasing their visibility and promoting their name. At the end of the day, it's just business to some folks.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
PowerTac is a No Go. Shady company. Being that there was already a post today I'll throw it out there.... the best way to treat them is to let the thread sink.