What's the most "ARC AAA" ish light that has more output these days?

ScottyJ

Enlightened
I EDC an HDS high CRI rotary and it's just a little big for some pants pockets.

I have a couple ARC AAA's, I love the build quality and form factor and I am hoping to find something of similar quality and size but with more output.

Any recommendations? Or can anyone mod the ARC with more output?

thanks!

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brand new, I think the closest is the Peak Eiger. It can be had in different metals and either variable or fixed output. Fixed can be any one of 9 outputs. You can also choose the optic type from narrow to a mule head. Various body styles are also available to suit your particular need and usage.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good posts, guys, I have several of each and they should all meet the OP's needs.

Geez, magellan... Look at your post count. Beating me by a factor of 10! And not just in posts, but also in your acquisitions. Did I envy? Yes. Keep up the good work.

ok, I've just been introduced to Manker Boney, which appears to be slightly ARCish, and a nutty bargain.

ScottyJ

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies, I haven't been on the forums much for quite a while and have fallen behind on things.

ETA that eiger is a sweet looking light! Dang!

Last edited:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually bought a new ARC not too long ago. All it did was make me REALLY appreciate my E01. The rubber bumper in the head fell off right away which didn't really make me feel warm and fuzzy and all around the E01 felt better built to me. Not sure if these new ones are exactly the same as the old tried and true ARCs that a lot of people around here love.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, inspired by a dog bone? Crazy man. Nichia GS but the 500, so the angry purple. Good price, would love to check it out

I wouldn't say I was inspired by the Manker, just see it as in the same 5mm LED flashlight space. I am, however, nearly almost inspired by this 6V TU285 Nanolite, if only the designers did not choose those particular tiny annoying cells. The LR44 cell would have been a more ideal choice, being nearly the same diameter as AAA, could have used a single 4LR44, or a 10280 for less volts but better runtime, maybe a 1/2 AAA NiMH for crazy runtimes.

Of course you are surely right about the smiling emitter towering in shiney metallic purple armor. :/

If someone knows, what is the "special" HiCRI neutral white 5mm LED emitter that is the choice of the CPF tint mafia? Because even with the annoying, limiting cell choice, I'd still be interested in the TU285 with a swapped emitter. I want 10 or more, all colors, like ARC once had available (still available, just expensive because no longer made and too collectable).

Last edited:

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
dupe!
---
dunno what how I got a duplicate, but why waste the space, dig it
e1zwYl7l.jpg

Now how would one go about getting a ton made in Cu, Fe, or Ti, but for 4xLR44, with an acceptable emitter? I bet that's tricky.

Last edited:

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't say I was inspired by the Manker, just see it as in the same 5mm LED flashlight space.

Of course you are surely right about the smiling emitter towering in shiney metallic purple armor. :/

Hmm, think my post was a bit confusing. The link you provided about the Boney had in the description that it was inspired by the dog bone. Mr Manker is a funny one. If they abbreviated the Manker just to M, this could be the Boney M. Sold by the rivers of Babylon..

About the emitter, they are using the Nichia GS that was used in the early E01s. It is the 500GS, which has the odd shape and purple tint. The 510GS was used at some point by Fenix, and that had the same blue/purple tint. Recently, Fenix seems to have been using the 570GS, which is a much nicer tint and a better but floody beam

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, think my post was a bit confusing. The link you provided about the Boney had in the description that it was inspired by the dog bone.

><
I should have realized that.

About the emitter, they are using the Nichia GS that was used in the early E01s. It is the 500GS, which has the odd shape and purple tint. The 510GS was used at some point by Fenix, and that had the same blue/purple tint. Recently, Fenix seems to have been using the 570GS, which is a much nicer tint and a better but floody beam

Good info!

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
I like the Surefire Titans. The Titan Plus is a little heavy for a keychain light but is really impressive.