Surefire M-series (3, 4, 6) compatible body, need a cheap solution.

horizonseeker

Enlightened
Hi, there:

I'm looking for a really cheap solution to get a surefire M-series (3, 4, 6) compatible body. This will be used for some odd-ball experiment so I'd prefer to not use any expensive real M-series body. If anyone has a solution, please do let me know.

Thank you.

horizonseeker

Enlightened
Thank you scout24. That actually may be a much better route to go, as i already have too many c-series tubes. I'll get one from a lumens factory dealer as this may see some rough use and i'd hate to ruin anyone's adapter with my experiment.

horizonseeker

Enlightened
LOL, not too out of the ordinary, I'm afraid. I was in a bad auto-accident in June of 2015 and was in the hospital undergoing physical therapy for about a month before I could walk again and they released me to rehab. They gave me so much of the good stuff that the month in the hospital formed no memory in my brain until I checked into re-habilitation center to further recover.

It's been a while now and I'm back to somewhat normal, so I wanted to pick up some of the old activities which I used to enjoy. One on the to-do list is some good old fashioned caving, and I want to do it with a good incan light. I have enough parts (real and fake) to make a M-series lego-light, but was missing a body that I wouldn't be afraid to bang around in the cave.

Of course, this incan experiment light will be back by several good LED light for safety reason, but I thought it would be a riot to go for a bit of good old time and see how it goes with an incandescent light.

forgot to add: since it is meant to be "experiment", there will be a lot of hot-wiring and unorthodox mix of battery and bulbs going on here, which is probably a bad idea for longevity considering the inevitable scrape and bang in a cave. but that's why we have LEDs which is better suited to endure the treatment.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Geez, glad you're on the mend! Getting bck to things you enjoy is an important part of the healing process. Shameless plug- if you'd care to share some of your previous or future caving adventures, please stop by the Adventure and Questing subforum! Hope you get out and enjoy...