California Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Our family has for some time worked with the Inland Regional Center where the shooting happened today; last week my wife was in the very room where the shooting began. Everyone we know there is fine, but a great number of people weren't so lucky.

I was at work keeping tabs on what was going on with my cell phone when I got a message on my scan gun to go to the back of the building immediately - the suspects from the shooting were just down the street, pinned in by police vehicles and the gun battle began; people who were outside the building on break heard the shooting and ran inside yelling. The 2000+ employees on hand for the holiday shopping season all hung out in one area for a few hours and were then sent home, with the caveat that one suspect was still on the loose, so lots of helicopters and police cars were everywhere. I got home fine and everyone is accounted for and well, but what a day..

CYLyQG8.jpg

K29cCtq.jpg

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very scary and tragic situation. I survived an active shooter event at my Irwindale workplace almost four years ago this month...

braddy

Enlightened
Too bad all those people were unarmed when the bad guys showed up.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Condolences to all involved and affected. Horrible.

nbp

Flashaholic
Thoughts for all those involved. :candle:

That said, this thread, and CPF in general is not the place to battle about gun laws or politics. Take that discussion to the Underground or this thread will likely be locked down. Thank you.

nbp

Flashaholic
The problem is that events like this do stir up a lot of emotion and it quickly spirals into gun control law debate rather than well wishes and condolences and it becomes very divisive. I will give one more friendly warning to take that discussion elsewhere.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Thoughts for all those involved. :candle:

That said, this thread, and CPF in general is not the place to battle about gun laws or politics. Take that discussion to the Underground or this thread will likely be locked down. Thank you.

What nbp said.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.