If I designed a flashlight

Borad

Enlightened
I bet nobody here would buy it, but if I designed a twisty flashlight, I'd have an arrow and the word "on" on the bezel so people unfamiliar with the universal direction of "on" won't accidently make the bezel come off. I think the only reason the direction isn't indicated is so the light will look nicer. That's not good design to me.

nbp

Flashaholic
I think after a full turn or two if the light doesn't come on most people realize they are going the wrong way. Righty tighty lefty loosey - never steers ya wrong.

Fleetwood

Newly Enlightened
I use my E01 every few days and it's embarrassing that half the time I STILL turn it the wrong way to start with. But you can tell by the "getting looser" feel that you need to turn the other way.

I don't think markings will help at all though. Nobody will look at the markings before turning it. It will be quicker to trial and error!

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
Ok, well! if I designed a flashlight, it would have a mini turbo jet engine ( like a regular jet ). Being small, it can be easily balanced to spin up to 500,000 rpm which will drive an electro magnetic power plant in the tail cap. The light would have a trigger like device so the harder you pull, the faster the engine spins and the brighter the light shine. Turbo mode of course is at full throttle and moonlight is at idle... and of course it would be seamlessly variable. The only glitch is the 1 gallon jet fuel tank that hangs off the tail cap, :sweat: but I'm working on that little prob.