New Copper Worm with N219 Arrived!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
The copper worm is being listed as offered with the same N219 LED, and 3 mode No PWM driver (18-3-80) as the Stock Bunny Copper Tool (Not the ReyLight version that is supposed to be 0.8-16-80 with N219 and No PWM)

and the more I look at the worm, note the grooves in the head,
LUMINTOP-WORM-LED-Copper-Keychain-Flashlight-001.jpg

the more convinced I am that the Prometheus Beta 1-15-80 yes PWM, is actually made by Lumintop
IMG_7502.JPG

Im a Huge fan of Copper AAA lights, I just wish I could get one with a 0.50 Lumen Low. I really like the Olight i3s for its 20-80-0.50 mode sequence and wish Lumintop offered a sublumen Low, not the 3 (N219) or 5 (XPG2) lumen low of the new Tool and Worm

and by way of feedback to Lumintop, I am not a fan of LMH sequence, I actually prefer MHL, but I would take any mode sequence, that includes a 0.50 (or less) low, and no less than 20 lumen medium.. so my ideal requested mode sequence is 25%-100%-0.50%

Last edited:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New Copper Worm with N219 announced

They do look like twins! Would love a sub lumen now PWM, I agree.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

I believe the latest Maratac, Tool and Worm will all be No PWM.

fwiw, the Copper Beta weighs 36 grams empty, so I suspect the Copper Worm is equally heavy.

By contrast, the Copper Maratac is lighter, 27 empty, and has the advantage of a reversible pocket clip. (although it is too long and interferes with tailstanding). But there is no off the shelf N219 option with Maratac and its low is not sublumen.

I plan to test the Copper Tool N219 head on a Maratac. Im hoping the pill depths match up and both lights work. in this test of an earlier mode Tool and earlier model Maratac, both lights worked with the heads swapped (Both these lights are yes PWM models):
IMG_9868.PNG

The Copper Worm N219 head might also work on a Maratac.. here is what it would look like (this is actually Prometheus Beta on Maratac, the Beta body did not light the Maratac head, but the Maratac body did light the Beta head. Both lights Have PWM also)

IMG_7484.JPG

fwiw, I have a new CuMaratac, and it does not have PWM, and the new version of the Tool does not have PWM either. Will share if they both light with headswaps, once my new No PWM Copper Tool with N219 arrives.. possibly after New Year, not sure..

fwiw, the new NoPWM driver is now being paired with an LED centering ring, visible at the base of the reflector. So if your Lumintop Tool, Worm, or Maratac, has the centering ring, it most likely also has the new No PWM circuit.

here is an older version of the Tool with PWM, and the latest Maratac with no PWM, note the ring around the LED
IMG_9913.JPG

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast

New Brass Worm, new Copper Worm, and new Stainless Steel Worm.

23418329552_e20337de10_c.jpg

The Amazon listing for the SS Worm has had it's picture changed to a Worm with grooves down it's head.
The grooves on the body of the new worms do not look like the grooves on the old worm.

Here are the old Worms.

15854921182_769a13e72d_c.jpg

So I have to buy all 3 new Worms now.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

yes, its a whole new can of worms!:)

from your pic, it looks like the old worm had a shorter head too. The new worm uses a head the same length as the Maratac, but different surface treatment, no knurls. My guess is the Beta used the Maratac sized head, and body juction.

another difference per your pic, is your old Copper worm, and my Prometheus Beta have 6 free bumps on the handle, the new pic shows 5 bumps, like your silver worm

so imo Lumintop the old worm copper body design, coincided with the Beta body, but not the head
the new design now brings over the Beta head as well, but going back to a 5 bump body akin to the old style

fun AAA Xmas :)

Last edited:

night.hoodie

Enlightened

The copper worm is being listed...

I don't see it available Lumintop's store, not seeing how to purchase from the linked page... hep meh peaz, tanx

, and new Silver Worm. ...

The Amazon listing for the Silver Worm has had it's picture changed to a Worm with grooves on it's head.

To state what is hopefully obvious, that's not Ag, but a variant of Fe+Cr/(Ni?).

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't see it available Lumintop's store, not seeing how to purchase from the linked page... hep meh peaz, tanx

To state what is hopefully obvious, that's not Ag, but a variant of Fe+Cr/(Ni?).

Lumintop appears to be using Amazon for now.
New Copper and Brass Worms are not listed yet.
I will be the first to buy them.
You will most definitely not be able to get any of these before Xmas.

Indeed, it is Stainless Steel Worm.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't see it available Lumintop's store...
if it=copper, I agree, its just an announcement of an upcoming release

afaict so far only the stainless is on Amazon not the Oligodynamic ones

I agree, the Stainless says
Expected to arrive after Christmas.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

WormTale Evulsion
worms.jpg

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic

Did they ever make a SS version with Nichia? I'm just not a copper guy...especially if it makes your hands smell like dirty pennies!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was also put off by the smell of copper, until I rewrote my narrative, and now think of it as the smell of clean. (google Olygodynamic)

SS version with Nichia?… dirty pennies!
The copper does not smell, its the germs dying on your hands that smell :)

So far, N219 is only coming with the Lumintop Worm Germicidal Models (Copper and Brass)

You may also be interested in the upcoming Lumintop Tool in Titanium, which I suspect will have an N219. (As a clickie, no concerns about gritty threads)

The Lumintop Worm High Brightness models (Stainless and Anodized Aluminum) come with XPG2 (over 35% brighter than N219). Honorable mention to the XPG2 Maratac Copper (even higher brightness And Germicidal).

This is a very good time for someone interested in AAA, High CRI, Copper, and No PWM.
(worms have always been no PWM, and will continue that way. The latest release of Maratac and Tool are now also No PWM)

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jon - you say that a titanium lumintop tool will be made?
Details?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jon - you say that a titanium lumintop tool will be made?
Details?
sent you PM
but, Titanium is not Oligodynamic.. and the Tool is a clickie, so I personally am more interested in

the Copper Worm..

Silent and Sanitary.. LOL

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Received your PM.
Thanks Jon

night.hoodie

Enlightened

Lumintop appears to be using Amazon for now.
New Copper and Brass Worms are not listed yet.
I will be the first to buy them.

Indeed, it is Stainless Steel Worm.

Thank you. I just bought 2 nichia copper worms.

By my count, there are right now more AAA/keychain model flashlights available in Copper with the Hi CRI Nichia 219b emitter than in all previous history combined, including Lumintop Tool, Lumintop Worm, Maratac AAA, Prometheus Beta-QRv2, and probably Peak Eiger. But is it enough??

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

...I just bought 2 nichia copper worms.

congratulations! they are now on ebay with free shipping, sometime between Dec 18 and Dec 30.

… there are right now more AAA/keychain model flashlights available in Copper with the Hi CRI Nichia 219b emitter than in all previous history combined,

I feel the same way, and now most of them no longer use PWM

some mode, led, and PWM details of the copper offerings (and a brass one)
Copper Lumintop Tool with No PWM and N219, two driver versions the standard one is 18-3-80 lumens, in that order, the group buy is supposed to be 0.9-17-85

Copper Lumintop Worm with No PWM and N219, modes spec is 18-3-80 lumens same as the standard Tool

Copper Maratac AAA, No PWM now, but no N219 offered, modes 40-1.5-138

Copper Prometheus Beta-QRv2, YES PWM, YES N219, modes 1-15-80

Copper Peak Eiger. I dont know the PWM status, N219 availability, or mode options available

Brass Olight i3s (called the Copper limited edition, not yet shipping, there is also a titanium coated brass version), No PWM, No N219, modes are 20-80-0.5

The lowest Low is on the Olight 0.50, modes would probably be another 30% lower if an N219 was swapped in.. (also true for Maratac)

Presently, the Copper Worm is the lowest priced pure Copper offering. The Olight costs less, but its brass, not copper, despite being called the CU Olight i3s.

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast

Brass Olight i3s called the Copper limited edition, not yet shipping, there is also a titanium coated brass version.

OMG now there is yet another collectible metal AAA I haven't even heard of.

So which of these is which metal coated with which metal?

23616173756_02c9beccf1.jpg

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

which of these is which metal coated with which metal?

23616173756_02c9beccf1.jpg
I think the top one is the raw brass and the bottom is also brass, but coated with gold colored Titanium vapor. I expect they will be similar in weight to my 28 gram CU Maratac (empty). There was a preorder, I hope to hear when people start receiving them. I like the very smooth square cut threads, and the .5 lumen low, and that the light starts on medium. I also like the reversible pocket clip. But these do not come in High CRI Leds.

the Copper Worm has to me, the advantage of High CRI 219, though it lacks pocket clip, and the 3 lumen low is brighter than my preference.

I think you have the right idea, collect them all!

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast

Has the status of these Olights changed? I thought Olight withdrew the i3s LE or something like that.