Value of old Surefire

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmoln

Newly Enlightened
This is a newbie question. As I continue to collect flashlights (you never can have enough) I'm drawn to the color and throw of LED models. This leads me to ask what is the value of my old Surefire lights? I have an M3 Combatlight, Executive Elite E2e, and a NRA G2Z.

Jim in Georgia

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know what the value would be, but all of those lights can be easily upgraded to LED with simple drop ins. Check with Mountain Electronics, and I know Lumens Factory has drop ins for all of the lights you listed. Their 90+ CRI drop in is right up with a Nichia 219B as far as color rendition goes, and all their stuff is very reliable.

If you want to get a rough idea of what those lights would be worth as is, wander around Panjo or Ebay.

scout24

Flashaholic
Definitely good suggestions from Timothybil. The discussions of value is generally frowned upon outside of sales threads, where Panjo and the 'Bay are good sources for current pricing. I can speak for the quality of Lumensfactory, also. If you want to hot-rod that E2e, look in custom and Modified for sale, and see member Tana's builds. :) He's great to deal with, and can make your E2e a flamethrower...

Last edited:

jmoln

Newly Enlightened
thanks for all the replies. I will check those sources to see what it costs to upgrade my old torches. The intent of the value question is to find out if they are worth upgrading or if that upgrade will cost just as much as the original purchases.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
jmoln,
Keep in mind that the NRA G2Z, with a nitrolon body (and possibly a nitrolon bezel?), will not draw heat away from the led as well as an all-metal 6P, for example, so you want to be careful about how high-performing led drop-in you get for that host. If you get a metal bezel for it, you could use a Malkoff M61L (or something comparable from Nailbender), which still has a decent amount of throw. I don't know if there are any led drop-ins for the E2E that throw as well from that bezel as an incan bulb from the Lumens Factory.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
In old flashlight collecting world, SureFire and Streamlight for example would be like Coke and Pepsi.

There's a huge market for folks wanting Coke products vs Pepsi products.

And any NRA SureFire is like pre-embossed coke bottles with the paper label intact in terms of folks trying to obtain one.

ie yes they are worth upgrading even if it costs a little more than purchase price.

That NRA G2 with a Malkoff M61WLL(warm/lo/lo) module will put out a beam hard to tell from the original incan beam in terms of tint and brightness. Yet you'll get 10 hours of regulated output on a pair of new batteries and nowhere near the heat of it's light bulb.
Want a little brighter but same tint? The WL. Still safe in a G2. How about a little more modern tint? His NL (neutral/lo) will give off that whiter shade of incan warm while still staying safe in the G2 and get you 5 hours of regulated battery life with a nice decline curve of a few more hours for any of his drop in modules.

His 'N' modules are very popular as they put out a beam with a very pleasing, slightly warm tint while still punching a hole in darkness like those bright white ones.

Last edited:

pietruk

Newly Enlightened
I find myself in the same boat at jmoln on this. Its funny to come back to flashlights and see Surefire E2E's being refereed to as vintage. I always loved the e2e, great size shape and build. I can't seem to find a LED drop in or replacement head that maintains the fit and finish and/or isn't as much as simply buyiong a whole new light.

Can anyone suggest a comparable replacement torch? (is that hijacking)

RuLEoF2

Newly Enlightened
Hi.

I have a SureFire 8X, a Stremelight SL-20 and an Ultra-Stinger that I would love to find upgrade kits for. I tried Lumensfactory and I couldn't get through to their website. Some kind of server problem. I went to Mountain Electronics and searched for "SureFire" and only found four items. Some batteries and a lens.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

scout24

Flashaholic
Hi there RuLEoF2. The best way might be using the CPF search function and putting your light make and model and the word "upgrades" and see what pops up. Since this has become sort of a catch all thread for help me requests, I'm going to close it. The "Recommend me" section is more appropriate for these discussions...

Status
Not open for further replies.