Fenix Outfitters        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: #5 FOURSEVENS Navi Smart!

Default #5 FOURSEVENS Navi Smart!

Introducing the Smallest and Smartest light we've ever made the Navi Smart!

This is not merely a small coin-cell keychain light. Not only can it provide light in a pinch, the Navi can help you keep track of your most important possessions. Using the Navi's bluetooth functionality, you can pair the light to your smart phone then attach it to your keys, your purse, or anything else you want to keep track of. You can set an alert to go off whenever the Navi and your phone are separated, and it can even email you the last location where the pair was seen together.

Download the FOURSEVENS Smart Devices App, coming soon to the AppStore, to unlock and configure all the rich features the Navi offers. The app allows you to keep track of all of your FOURSEVENS Smart flashlights in one place.

The Navi is small enough to be easily attached to your keychain, jacket zipper, purse, laptop bag, dog, cats, or your children's backpacks! Attach a Navi to anything of value that you want to keep track of and you'll have a handy flashlight too! Navi goes anywhere you go!

They will run $29 each and available in packs of 3, 10 and even 100 at lower prices.
    We anticipate shipping them on or before December 31

They're available for pre-order right now here:
    http://www.foursevens.com/products/NS1

Check out our launch video here!

Be sure to watch the tail end of the video for hints of a few more Smart flashlights due to announce for Shot show in January!
    Last edited by 4sevens; 12-04-2015 at 04:12 PM.

Default Re: #5 FOURSEVENS Navi Smart!

Cool!

As far as keychain lights go, I think this has to be the most connected.

Oh, and don't we just love David's teasers...
    Last edited by jonwkng; 12-04-2015 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Added information...

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

A keychain light with an interesting design.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Can't wait to get one of these in my hot little hands, though I'll need to wait till the android app comes out.

Lumen bomb!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna need a bigger keychain. This and the Quark Smart QSL... Nice to see Foursevens innovating! Can't wait to see the Android apps, and where it leads.

Interesting and clever.

Flashaholic "Give me more lumens!" - Flashlight Addict -

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Gonna need a bigger keychain.
    Speaking of, does anyone know some good quality split rings?

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Marin View Post
    Lumen bomb!!!!!!!!!!
    I got dibbs!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the range when alarms go off?
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by RedLed View Post
    A keychain light with an interesting design.
    My wife would love to have a few of these, well done on the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLed View Post
    My wife would love to have a few of these, well done on the concept.
    Exactly why I ordered a couple, she is usually either trying to find her keys or her phone.

Great concept. I just hope that the button battery compartment is child-proof as per my concerns in the linked thread.
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...sk-to-children

Unenlightened

G'day David ...

before I order a few of these, could you indicate whether there will be an Android version of the control app. I presume there will be, but in the release video and notes I saw a generic mention of the "app store", which to my mind generally refers to Apple. Some clarification would be appreciated.

Cheers,

CP

Captain, Have a l@@k here - http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post4785976

An Android app is in development.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Unenlightened

Thanks Chance ...

I never thought to look in the discussion thread on the Quark Smart as I have no interest in that model at this stage. The Navi's however ... well I can see a lot of uses for them, but shall hold off on the purchases until a definite release date of the Android app is announced. My stainless ReVO can remain on my keyring until then

Cheers,

CP

why wouldn't he demo the alarm on the video?
    G.K Chesterton, when asked 'what is wrong with the world?' simply replied 'I am!'

Check the Going Gear shotshow videos for Foursevens, and you can see it done with very early prototypes (2013 or 2014).

But why he didn't show it here, who knows. If its not working now, it sounds like it won't be hard to add. I would be curious to know what kind of microcontroller they've got under there.

Two reasons I cut out the beeping video.
    1) I goofed in the video and didn't want to reshoot
    2) the prototype didn't have the piezo affixed properly so it sounded like a sick baby bird. production navi's will be fine

What is the battery runtime for the tracker? I couldnt find the info on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by sandalian View Post
    What is the battery runtime for the tracker? I couldnt find the info on the web.
    It has a standby time in excess of 1 year if the light and the beeper isn't used. Our calculations show it could get as close as 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sevens View Post
    It has a standby time in excess of 1 year if the light and the beeper isn't used. Our calculations show it could get as close as 2 years.
    Wow that's fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by saypat View Post
    why wouldn't he demo the alarm on the video?
    Did one of you create an account on the tube to ask for a video?

https://youtu.be/9x_mcVCyPuo

Quote Originally Posted by 4sevens View Post
    Did one of you create an account on the tube to ask for a video?

https://youtu.be/9x_mcVCyPuo
    David, thanks for the video of the alarm!

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by keeperofdakeys View Post
    Speaking of, does anyone know some good quality split rings?
    Try DarkSucks site as he has some nice ones I am thinking of ordering:

http://www.darksucks.com/store-split-rings.html

Quote Originally Posted by nmolnar View Post
    Try DarkSucks site as he has some nice ones I am thinking of ordering:

http://www.darksucks.com/store-split-rings.html

They look real nice, but those shipping prices to Australia (for just a few split rings) really bites. If only I could convince myself I needed something else from that awesome store .

Enlightened

I just put a 3-pack of Navi Smarts in my shopping cart. I really want to get these for mine and my wife's keys. She is always loosing her keys in the house and this will be a wonderful product for her plus it is a way for me to get her to carry at least a minimal flashlight. It amazes me how much junk woman will carry in their purses but not have room for something really useful such as a light or a knife. This product depends on the app otherwise it is just an expensive keychain light, which is why they are still in my cart. Hopefully it will be out soon without any delays. If i knew that there would not be delayes I would checkout now. This is possibly the best product out of all five that were just introduced!

Will they connect to a Berry?

Any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by KDM View Post
    Any updates?
    We got a shipping notice from factory today. We'll update as we receive and ship out. Sorry for the delay.

Unenlightened

Received my package of three Friday. Two of the three did not work properly, as they turned on only briefly on the very first button push, and not at all after that. On those two I had to take the battery out and re-insert it, and then it worked. So now all three work.

BTW, taking the battery out and re-inserting it is a major pain. To get the battery compartment cover off, you have to rotate it to the open position, which was relatively easy to do with my fingernail. However, then prying the cover up was very frustrating and took several tries, but I was finally able to do it with a fingernail. I thought about trying to use the tip of my SOG knife, but did not want to cut the cover. Maybe there is a better way of doing this.

Getting the cover on was almost as frustrating. It has two tabs, one where the Open/Close imprint is, and the other on the opposite side. I had to tilt it down so the tab on the opposite side is pointing slightly down, to get it into the slot for it. Then I pressed the whole cover down, so that both tabs are in their slots, and rotated it closed. Again maybe there is a trick to making this easier to do.

Working with the various modes is also somewhat frustrating, such as trying to figure out how to get to certain modes, using the ramping, etc. My results have been very inconsistent. I assume that the time between double-clicks, for instance, affects which modes you can get to. Also, sometimes the ramping goes through all four constant modes (moon, low, medium, high), and sometime it only cycles through two (low & medium, I think). I'd like to get detailed instructions on how to do all of these things without the app. I was able to get some helpful info from the Quark Smart QSL forum.

Lastly, I was able to pair it with both my Samsung Galaxy S5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S (wifi only). It shows up as Navi_poi.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast