Sky Lumen        
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: #5 FOURSEVENS Navi Smart!

Flashaholic*

Default Re: #5 FOURSEVENS Navi Smart!

I have noticed with mine, that when the battery gets down to 53%, it gets a kinds of wonky; meaning that that the light itself will randomly go on & off, the interface goes crazy on my phone-it won't respond. The light just goes nuts!!! It is quite wild!! I changed the battery immediately, and all was well. Has any one else experienced this? I would like to hear.
    Last edited by TKC; 03-13-2016 at 11:39 AM.

I just received mine (though there was some mixup with the order, I had to contact the friendly customer service staff). I'm getting the same problems posted here, the listed instructions don't seem to work properly - very inconsistent in what it's doing. Also, is there any update on the Android app?

Edit: Also, what generation of iphone would be needed to run the iphone app?
    Last edited by keeperofdakeys; 03-15-2016 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TKC View Post
    I have noticed with mine, that when the battery gets down to 53%, it gets a kinds of wonky; meaning that that the light itself will randomly go on & off, the interface goes crazy on my phone-it won't respond. The light just goes nuts!!! It is quite wild!! I changed the battery immediately, and all was well. Has any one else experienced this? I would like to hear.
    The batch of panasonic batteries that were in the lights were bad - and likely fake. They would show voltage but if the led or beeper was used it would cut out :/ Replace and you should be fine

Flashaholic*

​Thank you!! I did. All is well. I just thought you would want to know that.

How well do these work at tracking your stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by firsttothescene View Post
    How well do these work at tracking your stuff?
    Right now not that great. My personal experience is that the Bluetooth connection is not reliable. It drops off and does not notify you.

Quote Originally Posted by fordcappy View Post
    Right now not that great. My personal experience is that the Bluetooth connection is not reliable. It drops off and does not notify you.
    That sucks, I thought that was the main purpose of the device.

Quote Originally Posted by firsttothescene View Post
    That sucks, I thought that was the main purpose of the device.
    If this is simply a software problem, then hopefully a firmware update can be created to fix it. I'm still waiting for the Android app, however Android can use a bluetooth device as a "smart unlock" device. Using the navi with this seems to be a bit flaky as well.

Quote Originally Posted by keeperofdakeys View Post
    If this is simply a software problem, then hopefully a firmware update can be created to fix it. I'm still waiting for the Android app, however Android can use a bluetooth
    device as a "smart unlock" device. Using the navi with this seems to be a bit flaky as well.
    Another product released too early.

Flashaholic*

I am doing the current firmware update on my Navi, and was wondering, if the intializing thing ever goes away. It says it takes a minute to do this, but it has been longer than a minute. It is HAS done all the proper light flashing that it says it is going to do, but my phone still says initializing, please wait... I don't want to interrupt or screw it up. Thanks for your time.

Flashaholic*

​I got it squared away.

I have updated 3 navi's with the new update. All 3 after the update read 0 percent battery and I can not do anything with the light. Any advice.

Flashaholic*

​Change the battery.

New batteries before the update. I should have said.

Same issue here, new batteries and get 0%, and lights will not move past moon mode. I tried reinstalling app as well..no luck.

Right, and because of the battery level you can not restore the navi. I'm heading out to the store and I'm going to pick up some batteries. The ones in the light are about 2 weeks old and we're reading 87% before the update. Maybe some brand new ones might give me enough of a boost to be able to restore the navi.

Flashaholic*

​My Navi is eating batteries like mad, and I am not even using the thing. The BT is killing the batteries on mine.

New batteries did not work, the navi's are still reading 1% to 0%.

We found a bug in the bundled Navi firmware. A new app/bundled firmware version is pending approval from Apple.

The firmware was tested with the Navi connected to a bench psu, which did not reveal the problem. Lesson learned.

If any of you affected are interested in getting the new version right away, I can add you as a 'tester' to TestFlight (Apple's platform for testing apps). I'd need you to PM me your email address.

--Ferdi

Flashaholic*

Thank you for the info. on the Navi. bug. I really appreciate that.

New app version (1.2) has just been approved by Apple, which fixes the Navi firmware bug that was in version 1.1.

--Ferdi

Flashaholic*

​I was just going to post some issues.

​I was just going to post some issues.
    What issues are you having?

--Ferdi

Flashaholic*

My iPhone keeps telling me that my Navi is out of range, even though on the app. on my phone, I have it checked to NOT notify when my Navi is out of range. It had been doing THAT since that last firmware update. Very weird.

My iPhone keeps telling me that my Navi is out of range, even though on the app. on my phone, I have it checked to NOT notify when my Navi is out of range. It had been doing THAT since that last firmware update. Very weird.
    I just tried to quickly reproduce that with my own Navi and could not. Could you try resetting the light back to defaults from the advanced menu and seeing if it still does that?

Also, are you saying that it did not do that with the original firmware? As far as I know, that part of the firmware has not changed, but I will double-check.

--Ferdi

Flashaholic*

Correct, with the original firmware, it did not do this. With the update, BOTH lights started doing this. I am hoping that this firmware update WILL fix this strange issue.

Flashaholic*

Navi will NOT update.

I don't see any customer reviews of Navi Smart in youtube. Why ?

Unenlightened

Having had a Navi Smart since it first came out, I still do not have a good feel for what button click actions do what, or at least what they are supposed to do. For instance, sometimes it turns on with one click, sometimes with two, sometimes with a momentary click and hold, etc. Also have similar problems turning it off, and switching modes. And I even have had inconsistent results using the app on my wife's iPad.

Does anyone have any documentation that has this type of info, even something like the tap codes shown in the QuarkSmart QSL thread?

Flashaholic*

​I regret buying this light.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast