Anyone seen the EagleTac GX30A3D Neutral for sale?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like this new light. The YouTube videos I've been able to find show it to be pretty cool. I like the double switch, the level spacing appears to be well thought out and overall I think EagleTac always makes a solid product.

I can only find the cool version for sale though and even that is very sparse.

Has anyone seen the neutral version for sale anywhere?

I haven't contacted EagleTac directly but that will likely be my next step if I strike out here.

Thanks.

markr6

Flashaholic
It's tough. They have all these dealers, but no one wants to carry the NW because they "don't sell". Who would want a light with 10% less output, even though it's hardly noticeable to the human eye? It's even worse now that some models have 4+ options (XP-L, XP-L HI, NW, CW, XM-L)...but still only one to buy.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
No luck so far. I've emailed EagleTac directly with no response. I've emailed eagletac-usa to see if they could get one for me - with no response. Quite a PITA really. You'd think a reseller would be able to order one for you.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's tough. They have all these dealers, but no one wants to carry the NW because they "don't sell". Who would want a light with 10% less output, even though it's hardly noticeable to the human eye? It's even worse now that some models have 4+ options (XP-L, XP-L HI, NW, CW, XM-L)...but still only one to buy.
Conversely, I don't buy CW lights anymore. I'm happy to go without a given light if it doesn't come in NW. If EagleTac's dealers don't want to stock the NW light, EagleTac should set up a program to let dealers drop ship them so customers can still get them.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
No luck so far. I've emailed EagleTac directly with no response. I've emailed eagletac-usa to see if they could get one for me - with no response. Quite a PITA really. You'd think a reseller would be able to order one for you.
It looks like if you're willing to order from outside the US you have some options.

Edit: I ordered one from Mack Outdoors in Canada. $159.95 (CAD) shipped. That's about $119.50 after your credit company tacks on their 3% foreign transaction fee. link

Note, they charge you in CAD even if you switch the currency to USD.

Last edited:

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edit: I ordered one from Mack Outdoors in Canada. $159.95 (CAD) shipped. That's about $119.50 after your credit company tacks on their 3% foreign transaction fee. link
FWIW, my order shipped today. Hopefully I will receive it before New Years.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that info. Did you order the neutral version? Please report back when you get it and if your overall experience with the order and shipping is good I will likely give them a try.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Eagletac also has a new 6 x AA flashlight with XP-L HI that really intrigues me. SX630 something or whatever I can't remember all the letters and numbers.

recDNA

Flashaholic
You mean the SX30A6-D? It's like a big brother to the light I've been looking at. Definitely some interest there.

Yes! Looks great in the ad page. As you know high draw li ion batteries in multiple battery lights give me the heebee jeebees. I feel much safer with multiple NiMH. The light is bigger than I like but would be perfect in my car. Smaller XP-L variants with throw of 40k+ also interest me if pocketable.

Actually your smaller version is just as exciting. Are these available anywhere yet? Oh never mind let me read the entire thread. I get excited and forget to read.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
rec I have the Nitecore EA41 that takes 4xAA batteries. I don't know if it's 40K plus lux but it's just as bright as my EagleTac G25C2. Wonderful beam. Easy use. Nice level spacing. Easy access to low and turbo.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac also has a new 6 x AA flashlight with XP-L HI that really intrigues me. SX630 something or whatever I can't remember all the letters and numbers.
The SX25A6-D. I saw it on their website. Looks like a bit more of a thrower with a deeper reflector than the GX30A3-D, but maybe that's an illusion due to the longer diffuser. The beam angle numbers are a bit narrower though. It doesn't seem like you're getting a lot in exchange for the extra size though.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I agree. The shorter model may be better for me if lux numbers in website are accurate. I'm not fussy about tint in a thrower either so I would probably go for cool white model. In flooders I prefer Hi CRI

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please report back when you get it and if your overall experience with the order and shipping is good I will likely give them a try.
The light arrived today. It's pretty small. I tossed some Eneloops in it and fired it up. The tint is pretty good. It's bit warmer than a Nichia 219, but definitely cooler than a Philips L-Prize A19 LED bulb (2700K). I pointed it around outside. It throws pretty well. The spot is pretty tight on a white wall, much tighter than a p60 drop in. The diffuser mode's tint looks to be a dead on match with the tint of a Nichia 219. :eek:oo: I don't know about the 900 Lumen rating of the diffuser array. It's not as bright as a 60W equivalent LED rated for 940 lumen. I'm guessing there's a pretty healthy lumen loss in the "optics"

Overall, I really like it. It's a solid lantern with a fantastic tint and a good flashlight without the sickly blue'ish 6500k tint combined into one small easily pocket-able package. This might just be the near ultimate camping light (of course no sane person would ever camp with a single flashlight :shakehead , but if you had to...).

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent information. Thanks for following up and passing on the good news. :) I'll definitely be ordering up one.
Excellent. I think you'll like it. I'm good at helping other people spend money. :grin2:

Now that it's daylight I tried out the light again. The tint looks nice against the natural light in the house (lights fixtures off, sunlight coming in through the windows and bouncing around in the house). It doesn't look yellow-ish or blue-ish.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'll be very curious to see lux readings if anyone with a meter gets his hands on this light.