New 04 light from cmg is a key chain light

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a hold of CMG. The new light is the size of a Photon. Powerd by 2 2016`s. It has a slide on off switch. It will be available in 1 to 2 months.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oooh. Sounds interesting. Let's see if it can keep up with the photon. Now if they could water proof it, and do something about those tiny screwes, we'd really have something. Too bad the pocket brite didn't work out.

K Horn

Newly Enlightened
You know, all in all I have a much easier time with those "TLS's" TINY LITTLE SCREWS than busting a nut on exhust system.... REAL MEN DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT TINY LITTLE SCREWS.....GEEZE you all are whining like my 12 year old daughter.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your daughter sounds pretty smart ! May I recommend a C.Crane Mini Trek ?
Also please realize this is a family oriented forum, we really are not interested in your sex life
smile.gif

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by KenB on 01-19-2001 at 07:25 PM</font>

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tiny screws aren't a problem if you're at home with a screwdriver, but try changing the batteries in the Photon in the middle of Winter, when you're wearing gloves and out in the field. Compare this to the Infinity light, which although it won't fit on a key chain, fits better in your hand with gloves on, and is the easiest light to change batteries with that you can imagine.

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Guy Guyer on 01-20-2001 at 12:29 AM</font>

Doug

Enlightened
Gloves? Why would you need gloves in the winter, I know getting down to the upper 30's at night is cold... but do you really need gloves for that
smile.gif
?

Doug (The California guy)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guy Guyer:
Tiny screws aren't a problem if you're at home with a screwdriver, but try changing the batteries in the Photon in the middle of Winter, when you're wearing gloves and out in the field. Compare this to the Infinity light, which although it won't fit on a key chain, fits better in your hand with gloves on, and is the easiest light to change batteries with that you can imagine.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I was hoping CMG would take Brock`s suggestions and come up with a single AAA batt. light.

I love the Photons and really must agree with K Horn, the batt. changes are not that bad. But I would like a lower operating cost.

The white Photon has a batt. life of 10 hours. The batts. cost about $4 bucks per change. The led is rated at 100,000 hours. If you used it a little bit every day till you die or the bulb burns out, you will spend $40,000 in batteries.

A AAA infinity would also probably run 10 hours, but with a cost of 50 cents per change, would only cost $5000 to run
smile.gif

Hmmm...can anybody recommend a good battery company to invest in ?

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by KenB on 01-20-2001 at 07:26 AM</font>

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. This is another problem with the Photon II. I know that Panasonic makes rechargeable Lithium Ion and other rechargeable Lithium chemistry button cell batteries, including the 2016's. I have a battery product catalog from them on a CD, but I don't remember which website I requested it from. Probably panasonic.com would get you there. I haven't had time to look into this, though, but it would really eliminate the expense in using the photon. If a rechargeable system for the photon could be set up, this might persuade me to stick with photons. They are, after all, much brighter.
Oh, and Doug, I live in upstate New York and go to the Adirondacks almost every weekend, so your upper 30's forecast is a little high for my location.

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Guy Guyer on 01-20-2001 at 08:51 AM</font>

D

**DONOTDELETE**

...or instead of a Photon you could get an Emissive Energy - same battery and bulb, better layout, simple battery change; no screws at all... or try a PocketBright. Mine still works fine. So do the two I know of that I gave away, ...

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ted. The reason I haven't bought an Emisive Energy is the lack of an on switch. I might buy one anyway, though, as this isn't critical for me. The price is sure a lot less.
Hmm, so the Pocket Brite works fine. I heard it's dim, though, cause it has some circuitry to regulate the power, or perhaps the LEDs are inferior. I would be willing to rip out the circuitry and put one of my own Photon LEDs in, but I dont know about a direct hookup to two 2025s at 6 volts. Seems like the current delivering capacity might be too high.
Cheaper battery operation too. Damn, now I'm tempted. I better wait to hear about the Batonlight first before I take another plunge. N batteries sound nice, and 3 LEDs.

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Guy Guyer on 01-20-2001 at 07:25 PM</font>

jbechto

Newly Enlightened
Hello folks,

A funny thing about running LEDs on 6 volts of lithium batteries. If you've ever put a meter on it the draw only stays high for a second. Then it drops off. The Nichia rep confirms this. I believe it's causes by the internal resistance of the batteries.

The White LED Keychain lights I sell use 2 Sony CR 1220's. They are very bright, last a long time, and the batteries are cheap. I sell the light for $8.00 and the spare batteries for $1.00 per set.

The light is the little oval "clamshell" and the operation is "intermittent switch" I customize the case to accept the batteries. (Don't try this at home, it took me 3 generations to get it right!)

John ([email protected])