Good Ol' Faithful - Ultrafire Mini Cree Q5 (Casual Video Review)

xyadam

Newly Enlightened
What is up guys,

I just decided to do a quick review of the Ultrafire Mini Cree Q5. This cheap light might be interesting for casuals, who don't want to pay an arm and leg for flashlight, but still want to have the more power than those typical plastic supermarket lights.
Right off the bat: I do know, that the Mini Cree Q5 is an old flashlight, and not even close to the modern EDC flashlights in performace/efficiency/features/power. But for 4$ this is one of the best first flashlight that one can buy for themselves, to get into the flashlight world :) It's also not a last Christmas present!

I intentionally made the review to be semi-casual, semi technical, so I don't bombard newcomers with too much information. More reviews coming soon! Here we go:

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review...just watched it. Was wondering if that's PWM on the low mode? I'm somewhat new to PWM and in the video, it looks like the beam is flickering very fast. Is that what PWM is?

xyadam

Newly Enlightened
I am glad you liked it, more reviews on Nitecores and Thrunites incoming in the next weeks, stay tuned!
What you see flickering is indeed PWM, but I think that is to be expected from a light for this price. :) Don't worry, of course it's literally unnoticeable for the human eyes.