Thrunite TN36UTvn vs Skyray King 9 x XML T6

staticaz

Newly Enlightened
I know this is not a scientific test but, when I was looking at purchasing my new Thrunite TN36UTvn,
I was trying to find a side by side comparison between it and the Skyray's but could not find one so,
I ran this comparison thinking it may help others. I know the Skyray's are the bargain basement of
led-lights but, they do put out a good amount of light, well, at least that's what I thought before
Vinh sold me this portable Sun making machine. :twothumbs

The reflected light was bounced off of a wall that was about 2 feet away. Unbelievable how much output
the TN36UTvn has! Looks like about 1340 LUX for the Skyray and 6460 LUX for the TN36. And this is one
of the newest Skyray's with the 9 XML T6's.

TM36UTvn_zps2tjekfct.jpg

Skyray9xml-2_zpsa0kdn1yx.jpg

Last edited:

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Re: Thrunite TM36UTvn vs Skyray King 9 x XML T6

Thrunite TN36UTvn instead the Nitecore TM36UTvn. You mixed some letters.[emoji6]

staticaz

Newly Enlightened

Thrunite TN36UTvn instead the Nitecore TM36UTvn. You mixed some letters.[emoji6]

Whoops......typo.....I corrected the verbiage in the post but I cannot find a way to correct the title of the thread.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast

The TN36UTVn has got to be the most ferocious ceiling bounce monster in its size classification, and that is why it is going to be my next light, as soon as my options expire.

Other peoples typos are easy for me to work around, without a scintilla of duress. But, my typos, even tiny ones, always result in my feeling irritation at myself.

staticaz

Newly Enlightened

The TN36UTVn has got to be the most ferocious ceiling bounce monster in its size classification, and that is why it is going to be my next light, as soon as my options expire.

Other peoples typos are easy for me to work around, without a scintilla of duress. But, my typos, even tiny ones, always result in my feeling irritation at myself.

I can fully relate to your being upset......and I actually re-read the post a few times before I submitted it and still totally missed it....maybe it's a sign that I should also get the Nitecore. :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I know this is not a scientific test but, when I was looking at purchasing my new Thrunite TN36UTvn,
I was trying to find a side by side comparison between it and the Skyray's but could not find one so,
I ran this comparison thinking it may help others. I know the Skyray's are the bargain basement of
led-lights but, they do put out a good amount of light, well, at least that's what I thought before
Vinh sold me this portable Sun making machine. :twothumbs

The reflected light was bounced off of a wall that was about 2 feet away. Unbelievable how much output
the TN36UTvn has! Looks like about 1340 LUX for the Skyray and 6460 LUX for the TN36. And this is one
of the newest Skyray's with the 9 XML T6's.

TM36UTvn_zps2tjekfct.jpg

Skyray9xml-2_zpsa0kdn1yx.jpg

This skyray is actually very popular. Many ask me if there are upgrades for it...

staticaz

Newly Enlightened
This skyray is actually very popular. Many ask me if there are upgrades for it...

I have the 4 - 6 and 9 led models, hard to beat for the price but, what a difference between the Sky's and the TN36UTvn

As for mods to the Skyray......check out what this guy did......come on Vinh ..... these should sell like the proverbial hotcakes.. put me down for
at least one :duh2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPM4bJcees0

Last edited: