NEW *** Brass *** Lambda Tops

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Fellow Promethean's,
Just in case You have not subscribed to Jason's Blog, Here is a copy of the latest post.
GL

Prometheus Lights Blog UpdatesIs this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
Updates from Prometheus Lights (Dark Sucks)

Contents:

Lambda Solid Brass [S-BR] is up on the site now!

By Jason on Dec 04, 2015 10:58 am

Hey folks,

Sorry I haven't had tops in a while. I have been working on something new but the holiday rush has put me way behind schedule on just about everything. However, I'm ready to start shipping new tops! These are currently in production so there might be a 1-2 day delay in shipping orders.

Just follow this link to my website for more information and to purchase a top (link).

Read in browser »

More to read:

I'll be running production on Burnley's Kickstarter project!
New in the store: 302 Stainless Split Rings
Follow me on Instagram?

Last edited by a moderator:

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw the post on IG and ordered right away. I did not win a spot in the last W lottery so I was particularly anxious to get the brass. :thumbsup:

GusManB

Enlightened
i Just Ordered one of this.
I was impressed by the review that Jim Skelton did of the Original, and I am please to of reserve one of this new all brass tops.

Cheers!

Esko

Enlightened
I bought one of the original brass tops last May, not too long before the release of this solid brass version.

Anyway, Jason writes that one of the reasons for the solid version is the aim to get a perfect spin. I do like my top, it is very nice but one thing has bothered me a bit from the first day I got it. It is the accuracy or perfectness, or the tiny lack of it. If I spin the top carelessly and it doesn't start to spin vertically (parallel to the surface), it makes quite a loud rattling noise. I believe that the top is making tiny little jumps on the surface and the sound originates from the ruby hitting the surface again.

Is this normal? It looks like it doesn't affect the spinning time and it is so small that I wouldn't have noticed it if it didn't make the rattle. The rattle however can be rather loud sometimes.

If this is normal (or within the specs anyway), I do have another question. I am using a mirror as a spinning plate and glass is considered to be a soft surface. If I buy or make a stone plate ("hard surface") like I originally planned, do I risk breaking the ruby with it?

archer6817j

Enlightened
I bought one of the original brass tops last May, not too long before the release of this solid brass version.

Anyway, Jason writes that one of the reasons for the solid version is the aim to get a perfect spin. I do like my top, it is very nice but one thing has bothered me a bit from the first day I got it. It is the accuracy or perfectness, or the tiny lack of it. If I spin the top carelessly and it doesn't start to spin vertically (parallel to the surface), it makes quite a loud rattling noise. I believe that the top is making tiny little jumps on the surface and the sound originates from the ruby hitting the surface again.

Is this normal? It looks like it doesn't affect the spinning time and it is so small that I wouldn't have noticed it if it didn't make the rattle. The rattle however can be rather loud sometimes.

If this is normal (or within the specs anyway), I do have another question. I am using a mirror as a spinning plate and glass is considered to be a soft surface. If I buy or make a stone plate ("hard surface") like I originally planned, do I risk breaking the ruby with it?

Hi Esko,

The sound you hear is the ruby actually sliding on the spin surface and is perfectly normal. It occurs because (if the top is off-axis) at the beginning of the spin the top will be riding on the side of the ball instead of the very tip. This is one of the very things that allows the top to increase stability from this point, instead of losing stability. Of course sound is energy and it means you are also losing speed that is being converted into friction and sound. One of the tricks to maximizing spin time is minimizing the error during release.

As far as the spin surface, you can google the hardness of different materials. Some stone (like granite) is actually much harder than steel. I personally don't recommend it.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTTT

Hi,
Anyone interested in 22% off?

There is a Massdrop for the Brass Lambda Top right now ending March 03rd​.

SOLIDTOP-500.jpg

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
gee thanks. thought i was going to finally get a decent top after 3 years of staring at them, for under $50. after adding on all the bling i still ended up paying over $70. it's bad enough the flashlights are killing me...