Blf A6 titanium host ??

rdnesh69

Newly Enlightened
I've been carrying my new Airola titanium 18650 for a couple weeks. I had to do it, based solely on materials and looks. Then I ordered the awesome pocket rocket of a light, the BLF A6. While I'm certainly not new to good lights, I've never attempted any modding. However, I must know what it will take to put the guts of the blf into the airola body. Please advise and forgive any ignorance. Thanks guys!!

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
not sure, I do own a Manker A6, it's a solid light for the $. I've no idea what the internal dimensions of that Airola torch is, I would suspect this will be your first challenge. Do you have a set of calipers that you can measure what the Airola's driver size is?

~D

rdnesh69

Newly Enlightened
not sure, I do own a Manker A6, it's a solid light for the $. I've no idea what the internal dimensions of that Airola torch is, I would suspect this will be your first challenge. Do you have a set of calipers that you can measure what the Airola's driver size is?

~D
I can get ahold of petty much whatever I need. I haven't pulled anything out of the airola yet since I'm still waiting for the blf and using the the airola. I just sort of assumed that since they're both thin walled tube style 18650 lights that the internals would be pretty close in size..

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can't assume anything in machining/ manufacturing. Once you get both torches in hand, it's time to do some measuring! Did you know that Mountain Elec offers that same driver used in the A6? So as an option, you can get a new driver instead of pulling one out of the A6.

I believe this is the one:

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_117&product_id=480

The problem is that every time I go to order it, it's out of stock.
~D

gunga

Flashaholic
Where does one get the airola now? Small host! Decent sounding circuit in it. I'd it can fit a 17mm circuit I think it should work.

rdnesh69

Newly Enlightened
You can't assume anything in machining/ manufacturing. Once you get both torches in hand, it's time to do some measuring! Did you know that Mountain Elec offers that same driver used in the A6? So as an option, you can get a new driver instead of pulling one out of the A6.

I believe this is the one:

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_117&product_id=480

The problem is that every time I go to order it, it's out of stock.
~D
Ya , will have to start pulling things apart when it gets here. I figured this way if it didn't work for some reason I'll still have two great lights! ;)

rdnesh69

Newly Enlightened
Where does one get the airola now? Small host! Decent sounding circuit in it. I'd it can fit a 17mm circuit I think it should work.
It is small! I love it for that, among other reasons. Got mine from wallbuys. Add dhl shipping and it was here within days.wish I could say the same about shipping from banggood.

rdnesh69

Newly Enlightened
Now I really need help, I FINALLY got the airola apart. I desoldered the emitter from the blf and disassembled the head and switch. The blf driver is slightly smaller than the other, not sure how to make it all go together. I ran the wires through the head of the airola and soldered the blf driver to the blf emitter. I tried it like that but the driver is obviously all over the place and the switch on the airola burnt out, but it did turn on and off several times with only turbo mode. So I put the blf switch in there, now when I put the head back on as soon as it makes contact the light comes on again in turbo regardless of the switches orientation, on or off. I'm so lost. Please help