Ebay a good signal for Surefire prices??

Geode

Enlightened
I was cruising Ebay for Surefire products and have noticed that the prices asked and bid for the A2 have ratcheted up this week. Has the supply dried up to the extent that prices are being pushed upward?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hysteria has set in and people are willing to pay more.

Geode

Enlightened
tkl,

That is an interesting perspective that makes sense to me. It could also be the uncertainty factor, since us consumers cannot say with confidence where Surefire prices will end up. I guess the supply side is down now too.

bryguy42

Newly Enlightened
surefires are already overpriced, and now they are going up in price? I won't be buying one anytime soon, unless I hit the Lotto. (or my forgotten uncle in sicily dies and mysteriously leaves me in his will...)

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geode, I made that remark off the cuff assuming the non cpf crowd figured out SF's will no longer be sold on the internet. When they do figure it out I suspect there will be an increase in auction prices for SF's.

I went to ebay and looked around and didn't see anything out of the ordinary, unless I missed something.

I've always seen SF's on ebay sell for more than cpf'ers pay for them. We're in the know and pay less. I see alot of stuff sell for too much on ebay, a quick yahoo shopping search will yield cheaper prices. Some people just like buying off ebay I guess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up a new SF M2 and M3T on ebay in the last couple of days. Call it hysteria, or fear of the future (prices), or call it what you will, I decided since I was looking to purchase both of those lights this year anyways, I might as well get them now as to not take a chance on paying 25-30% more in a few months. I paid within $10-20 of what I would have paid through TAD or TW or Bulldog or LA Policegear (and way less than SF retail), so I don't feel too bad about the deals, the M2 was on ebay through Bulldog anyways.

I'd much rather buy my Surefire products through one of the dealers frequented by CPF members (as have been all of my SF purchases so far), but every dealer I've tried has been out of all the Millenium series lights, and supply and prices are uncertain for the future due to SF's changing dealer structure and internet pricing policy. It is very likely that in a few months the only way to buy a Surefire on the internet is through ebay.

I'd guess that if Surefire doesn't allow their remaining retailers to discount heavily as some have done in the past, we'll see prices shoot up on ebay as well. Demand seems to be at an all time high, and for various reasons, supply seems to be rather short. I don't need an economics degree to predict what will happen to prices.

-Keith

Latest posts