CMG task light

GQGeek81

Newly Enlightened
Dunno if this is even a good deal but Sierra trading post normally has excellenct prices

They have the CMG task light for $11.95 #99306

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never dealt with them, but it's a good price. About the same as Texas Tactical and Battery Station, who both support CPF.

This is the original CMG AA light that has 40 + hours of run time, but it is much dimmer than most all of the other single cell single 5mm LED lights. It has its place, but most prefer the brighter Ultra. I have both and find each useful.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'll echo what kitelights said about the CMG AA. It's great as a reading light and general night light. Seems to go forever on even worn out batteries.

StuU

Enlightened
Polish the reflector and put in a lithium battery. It will greatly improve the performance and still have 40 hours of functional light.

I use mine at night for getting around the house. It's bright enough that I have to shield the led to keep it from disturbing others

paulr

Flashaholic
I think some experiments have shown that the li battery and polished reflector don't make much difference. If you want it brighter, get the Ultra ($15.00 at Batterystation) or Ultra-G ($14.50 at Countycomm). If you want the regular Infinity and don't like the colored reflector, then get the silver-body version, which is the best-looking of them anyway.