help me choose a house and camping light

raggie33

*the raggedier*
got a edc that i love.the baby pin.now i want a house light and camping light .the size of a 3 d maglight or smaller.i want a very very bright light thats white.but i want it to still have around 12 hours run time.im thinking a modded light .or one such as the ft3c .what do you think will suit me best.?

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hm. my FT3C will be here in a few days.. i'll let you know how it is..

from Wayne's description it'd make a great around the house light or around the camp light..

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO, the best camp and home light to own is the Surefire E2e fitted with a KL1 LED head. It has approx. 4 hours runtime from 2 CR123s and is bright enough for most applications. It has very good flood and a moderate throw. I love the SF L4 too but it got a thumbs down from me because of the short battery lifespan. If more power is what you need, then I am happy to say the Surefire L5 and L6 does a pretty decent job. I have a KL5 fitted on my Millennium M2 and I love it. It is now my most used light but will still opt for the G2Z Nitrolon fitted with a 120 lumens LA for more throw. My E2e is a little redundant now because I lost the KL1 head together with my E1e and I have not been able to get a replacement.

Just my opinion that's all.

Andy Ho

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't own any of the modded lights... yet, can't afford them ATM, but I'd like to suggest the X5t. May not be as bright as a luxeon, but its definitely a great floodlight for camping and home use! Else the Anglelux is also a great long running light as well...

raggie33

*the raggedier*
the ft3c is still my top choice.my main goal is a light that will last from dusk to dawn..be very bright and thats pretty much it id alos like a white beam i dislike green beams

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
i second the anglelux.

it is relatively light, tough waterproof (havent tested that part), VERY long runtime, darn bright with the fraen LP optic.

another bonus: despite it's size, it is easy to carry: just use the clip and hook it into your front jeans pocket. it isnt at all intrusive. it rides similarly to the streamlight 10led 3c with the clip. swings around a bit, but it remains very secure.

good luck raggie!

Bob

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Lightwave 4000 (10 LED, 3D), and it is lighter than a 2D Mag, and hangs in the standard D Mag belt holder. Long runtime.

Edit: it is also about the same length as a 2D Mag.