Thrunite TC12 - Rechargable TN12 with several upgrades (COMING SOON)

xyadam

Newly Enlightened
What's up flashaholics, Thrunite is making a rechargable version of the TN12!

Some features:
- Finally we get the recharging feature.
- The LED is upgraded to XP-L v6, resulting 18 000 cd intensity, and better throw.
- Seems like there will be a neutral white version, with the same type of LED
- Runtimes seem better, but some values are probably inaccurate
- There is a battery indicator, inbult into the side-switch

Link:
http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-chargeable-flashlight-tc12-cool-white-3400-1/
1__70294.1449907718.1280.1280.jpg

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
just when I thought there where not going to be any more lights interesting enough to buy over the next year Thrunite is set to release a 53k CD TN4A HI and now this...I am already sold on both. Release date for the TN4A HI is 12/25 any idea on when the release of this TC12 HI? Ive had the NC P12GT with its XP-l V3 for a month and am amazed by how concentrated and defined the beam is and the GT is a true 22k+ CD light. Wonder why only 19k CD out of the Thrunite? Either way I am going to purchase as soon as its released I fully expect total beam definition domination and it SHOULD test out across the forums 20k+ CD. Thanks OP for the heads up! Am happy the smaller Thrunites are as cheap as they are despite being worth an easy 20% more

Dimethyl

Newly Enlightened
I wish they'd improve the UI. I have a TN12 2016 and I hate having to cycle through all the higher modes to get to a lower one. My ideal UI would be:
1) Quick press to go up a level (just like it is now).
2) Long press to go down a level (instead of strobe).
3) If the mode selector button is being held down while the light is turned on from the tailcap, go directly to firefly mode.
4) Strobe could still be present but activated by combination of quick + long press.

xyadam

Newly Enlightened
Yes I 100% agree with the UI proposal. I suggested almost exactly the same on the Thrunite forum. The most important would be to go to firefly mode. It is just absolutely a must, to be able to override a memory, when it remembers 1000 lumens, but I only need 0,5.
The current UI can cause some problems during everday usage.

But regardless the other changes are nice. Probably I will buy it, but will stick to the Nitecore MT10C because of the override feature.

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
Very interesting. Thanks for the great news. Am looking forward to purchasing one or two for myself. I was wondering if Thrunite was going to release a XP-L light to compete with the other lights that have been upgraded to XP-L. Will wait to see if it is indeed worth it.

Chaitanya

Banned
Good to see this update, but anyone know what happened to their Archer series of lights? especially the AA based lights and NW tints of many of their lights are missing from website.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure wish TN would post a release date for this thing. I know the TN4A HI goes on sale 12/25 Im hoping the TC12 follows not to much later than that. TC12 will make an interesting companion piece to my P12GT.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
just when I thought there where not going to be any more lights interesting enough to buy over the next year Thrunite is set to release a 53k CD TN4A HI and now this...I am already sold on both. Release date for the TN4A HI is 12/25 any idea on when the release of this TC12 HI? Ive had the NC P12GT with its XP-l V3 for a month and am amazed by how concentrated and defined the beam is and the GT is a true 22k+ CD light. Wonder why only 19k CD out of the Thrunite? Either way I am going to purchase as soon as its released I fully expect total beam definition domination and it SHOULD test out across the forums 20k+ CD. Thanks OP for the heads up! Am happy the smaller Thrunites are as cheap as they are despite being worth an easy 20% more

I suspect the 18,760cd is due to Thrunite using the XP-L V6 and not the XP-L HI. This will produce a wider hotspot over the Nitecore P12GT XP-L HI.

xyadam

Newly Enlightened
I know they cannot alter the law of physics, but it's kinda shame that the head will be bulkier. (where the switch is, looks like an anti-roll circle)
I really like in my TN12, that it is a relatively slim shape, especially compared to the Nitecore 18650 flashlights. The TN12 is my first medium sized light that is comfortable to carry. But the USB recharging, and the XP-L v6 are so tempting :D

xyadam

Newly Enlightened
I know they cannot alter the law of physics, but it's kinda shame that the head will be bulkier. (where the switch is, looks like an anti-roll circle)
I really like in my TN12, that it is a relatively slim shape, especially compared to the Nitecore 18650 flashlights. The TN12 is my first medium sized light that is comfortable to carry. But the USB recharging, and the XP-L v6 are so tempting :D

avernite

Newly Enlightened
I wish they'd improve the UI. I have a TN12 2016 and I hate having to cycle through all the higher modes to get to a lower one. My ideal UI would be:
3) If the mode selector button is being held down while the light is turned on from the tailcap, go directly to firefly mode.
4) Strobe could still be present but activated by combination of quick + long press.

Yes!

It's important to keep the tactical crowd happy so I would suggest having a tactical mode and a utility mode (change between these two modes by holding down mode selector switch for 10 seconds or have a small toggle switch inside head, etc). In utility mode a long press would step down brightness and in tactical mode it would invoke strobe.

uofaengr

Enlightened
+1 on the UI. My chief complaint on the TN12.
+2. I also feel like the light is unnecessarily long though I'm sure the internals of the side switch is the main cause. I know it's marketed as a tactical light, but if they'd make an 18650 EDC-minded light with reverse clicky operation only and shorter in length (similar to the BLF A6) I'd be all over it if the UI/modes were good.

tops2

Enlightened

+3 for me too

The past few days I played around with the TN12 2014 and love it. I try remember to go back to firefly mode when turning off. And sometimes I wish the max and turbo mode were combined so there's only 4 modes to cycle through, or a long press of mode button (or long light press if tail cap) to bring back to firefly mode.

That's just being nitpicking though.

xyadam

Newly Enlightened
I would just grab the 2 stage button of the Nitecore MH20, and put it to the tailcap, keeping all the operation.
I think no-one would miss the current forward clicky if we had all the possibilities as the MH20 has.

KCL Knives

Newly Enlightened
The TN12 is my EDC light. It has become my favorite and I will grab this now version as soon as it is available. I don't mind the UI at all. It is very simple. With lights like the PD35 there is more to remember. Not only should you remember the brightness that the light was on last but also the mode. If I ever needed the light in a "tactical situation" the simpler the better. It is not a problem to just leave the light on high when out and about or when left on the night table.