List the high end flashlights that allows easy mods like emitter swap!!!!!!!!

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
I kindoff bought several xpl and xpl Hi emitters.Now I was planning to swap them it to other small single 18650 xml flashlights.
So I need your help in choosing flashlights in which this can be done easily. Like bezel removal emitter access etc.So I request all your expertise in this Thankyou.

So far I could think only of sunwayman c22c.I tried to remove nitecore mh20 ,but with my limited tools I cannot.

I think we can use this thread as a dedicated one for easily modifiable flashlights.
Please share your thoughts.

swan

Banned
Two very easy ones to open with out strap wrenchs in single 18650 size are-
1 Sunwayman T20cs -swapped the old xml u2 for a XPL V6 on a noctigon copper star and run 2 x 18350 for a solid 900 lumens up from 650.
2 Olight M2X UT- I have 2 of these - one i put a XPL V3 HI 1C reflowed to original copper star to get rid of the ugly stock tint and the other one i put a massive copper 32mm noctigon star with a XPG2 S3 1C That i dedomed and run 2 x 18350 high drain cells for a peak intensity of 330 000cd and 900 lumens.
Both lights are easy to mod without tools and for less than a $10 spend, that show exceptional results.

Last edited:

Hoodzy

Newly Enlightened
Hey im in Brisbane Qld Looking to mod my M2X-UT Could you help me out?? haha The mod you mentioned with 330 000cd sounds sick!! aaahh,
I have no idea how to mod torches xD

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
Hey can anyone recommend the best strap wrench for the job. Iam very keen to know whether someone has opened a nitecore mh20 with a strap wrench.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
makes no sense (anymore) ...

get Yourself a P60 host body/light - in quality/price You like,
and add Your favorite P60 insert (from time to time renewed)

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
Yeah. I could do that.But I always like it the hardway. I find a flashlight with good features and user interface and then usually mod it's beam to my preference.I did it to all my cheapies like ultrafire ,trustfire etc, but never happy with the user interface or their safety(cheap Circuitry's , pwm etc)
I know it's hard to get all you want in one flashlight so I try to make one myself.
And now Iam trying to make a compact thrower, and the flashlights Iam planning to mod are fenix pd35,mh20and sunwayman c22c.
I already have two mh20's ,which I could not dismantle.So I started this thread to know whether someone (rookies like me) has done it in either of these or on other branded ones.