*Update now SX30L2DR* Does anyone know what the Eagletac SX30C2 is?

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was checking Eagletac's website to see if there were any new products and under the S series tab I see the regular lights in the series and one I've not seen before, the SX30C2. The thumbnail picture shows it is broken and the link gives a 404 warning. The SX25L2 link next to it has a broken thumbnail picture yet the link works as normal.

I was hoping maybe one of you all knew something about this light. In my mind based off of how Eagletac labels light I'm figuring this is a 2x CR123A light or 1x18650 and with their new UI. Being in the S series probably a throw oriented light or high output. What I'd like to see is an SX30 version of the SX25L3 or a light similar to the Nitecore EC4SW or Fenix TK35UE 2014

Last edited:

res1cue

Newly Enlightened
Re: Does anyone know what the Eagletac SX30C2 is?

Also 2 new offerings under dx30 tab with broken links.. New products maybe?

david57strat

Enlightened

I hadn't heard of the SX30C2; but I have a DX30LC2, that I recently picked up:

The DX30LC2 is on the far right. It's multi-mode light, running on a single 18650 battery. It's loaded with an XP-L Hi V3 emitter, and an orange peel reflector. Direct access to lowest and highest modes, with hidden blinking modes. Decent throw range, for a light of this size. I had previously purchased a D25LC2 (which was my first Eagletac purchase, ever) about three years ago, but had always wanted a similar version, with a momentary option, which this has :D

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast

Strange I just tried checking it out on their site as well and got the 404 response. Havnt seen ET post new models in this fashion before. They must be hammering out last minute changes to the product page despite having already posted a new model number. The full product page for it should be up over the next day or two.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Strange I just tried checking it out on their site as well and got the 404 response. Havnt seen ET post new models in this fashion before. They must be hammering out last minute changes to the product page despite having already posted a new model number. The full product page for it should be up over the next day or two.

I have never seen it either. Usually when they release a new product it is without much attention and it just shows up on their website. Of course there has been a picture of the SX25L3 with an SX30L3 label on it under the S series tab for over a month now.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, Eagletac never gives us false hopes on new product deliveries like some other manufacturers. Like Tac Gunner said, new products just show up on their website and when that happens they are already being produced and shipping to dealers, at least that has been the past experience. I would really like to see Eagletac add more models using 26650 batteries, but that is probably wishful thinking.

Ernst from Germany

Newly Enlightened

The SX30C2, not to be seen at the homepage up to now.Iam very hot to know something about this lamp.
ERnst

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Whatever it is, Eagletac needs to clean up their website.
Something like 67 lights listed, granted some are no longer in production.
But I would hope they have an internal target for only offer 50 concurrent products.

And some desperately need a quick refresh [D25A2 'tactical' that has 3,300 lux; P200A2 3,900; P25A2 4,100] time for the xp-l HI

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Whatever it is, Eagletac needs to clean up their website.
Something like 67 lights listed, granted some are no longer in production.
But I would hope they have an internal target for only offer 50 concurrent products.

And some desperately need a quick refresh [D25A2 'tactical' that has 3,300 lux; P200A2 3,900; P25A2 4,100] time for the xp-l HI
Honestly I'm just fine with my D25A2 clicky being 3,300 lux. I like the floody beam profile and decent throw. If I want a thrower I will reach for a bigger light. Honestly I'd like a few lights that are 500 to 1000 lumens and no more than 5000 candela as I like a nice floody light for a weapon light and we'll quite frankly, most lights anymore are geared towards throw

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Honestly I'm just fine with my D25A2 clicky being 3,300 lux. I like the floody beam profile and decent throw. If I want a thrower I will reach for a bigger light. Honestly I'd like a few lights that are 500 to 1000 lumens and no more than 5000 candela as I like a nice floody light for a weapon light and we'll quite frankly, most lights anymore are geared towards throw

What a difference a day makes. P200A2 with xp-l HI 7,300 lux.

I hope that ET embraces throw or flood. Say the SX30L3 offers either: xhp-30 HI for throw, xhp-70 for flood. You figure 100,000 lux or 25,000 lux.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

The website still doesn't show anything on this other than a non-working link. This is weird for Eagletac, but it has definitely piqued my interest.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Emailed Eagletac about this light, the said it is now the SX30L2DR. They said there is to be several new models released this couple days (not for sure exactly what they meant, maybe within next couple of days?) They said they will update their website soon.

*Just found pics of it on their Facebook page, looks it's just a 26650 version of the GX30L2DR. I was hoping it would be a remake of the SX25L2T but with the new two button UI and an xpl hi. *

Last edited:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tech specs are now available on their website and it has been relabled as the SX30L2DR. The new DX30 series lights are also listed now. Product pics have not been loaded yet but they should be soon

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

*Just found pics of it on their Facebook page, looks it's just a 26650 version of the GX30L2DR. I was hoping it would be a remake of the SX25L2T but with the new two button UI and an xpl hi. *

It looks like it has the two button UI in the pics on Facebook, one white and one black button.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

It looks like it has the two button UI in the pics on Facebook, one white and one black button.
It does and it has an xpl hi, just isn't the turbo head model (62mm turbo vs 47mm standard). They do now offer the SX25L2T with the xpl hi and it's rated at 108k candela where the SX30L2DR is 68k

markr6

Flashaholic

It's a bike light! I didn't consider that.

DX30LC2-BR.jpg

The SR has a side LED like C22C