Milawlkee 18v flashlight LED replacement bulb??

roddy

Newly Enlightened
I've seen replacement 5W LED flashlight bulbs on ebay made by Cree. Just wondering if anyone knows a source for these that may have a better variety and pricing.

Also if anyone can tell me the style of bulb it has a collar and looks like it would fit any cheap old school double 'D' flashlight. Thanks!!

nbp

Flashaholic
Moved to more appropriate forum. The Questions/Problems/Suggestions forum is for general forum usage issues only. Thanks.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can only tell you my local HD carries bulbs for 18 volt work lights. Cannot remember the brand but they had bulbs rated 12 volts all the way to 21 I think it was. I tried a D cell Mag build with the 18 volt bulb with little success. It would come on but barely just couldnt get enough juice to it. But hey if youve found an 18 volt bulb made by Cree and can confirm its an actual Cree bulb Id be all over it. Yes I remember those replacement bulbs all being collared. HD always had them on a rack at a register.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen replacement 5W LED flashlight bulbs on ebay made by Cree. Just wondering if anyone knows a source for these that may have a better variety and pricing.

Also if anyone can tell me the style of bulb it has a collar and looks like it would fit any cheap old school double 'D' flashlight. Thanks!!

There are no barbs on the Milwaukee branded bulb number 49-81-0090. The LED replacement works on Milwaukee's lights from 12-28 volts. Also works on DeWalt, Makita and a few other brands.

43115_49-81-0090v1-lg.jpg

roddy

Newly Enlightened
There are no barbs on the Milwaukee branded bulb number 49-81-0090. The LED replacement works on Milwaukee's lights from 12-28 volts. Also works on DeWalt, Makita and a few other brands.

43115_49-81-0090v1-lg.jpg
Yep this bulb retails for about $60 CAD.. The Cree version (if it really is a Cree) is about $25 shipped on ebay.

roddy

Newly Enlightened
I did do a search on it but after the exchange and shipping the price was a little high. I purchased a the CREE LED one. I'm almost sure it's a knock off from China but wth.. Thanks for the help!!