Prometheus        

Thread: Recommend an LED Penlight?

Default Recommend an LED Penlight?

Something in the AAA size range, though rechargeable is great if that's an option.

I just found this this forum and am fascinated. Thanks

Default Re: Recommend an LED Penlight?

Welcome to the forum. I'm not at my computer so I'll be brief.

First of all, there are lots of good threads on AAA lights already out there. Use the search feature and you will find plenty of good discussions.

You will find that there are relatively few rechargeable lights available currently (although the number is growing) especially in the AAA light space. The built in charge mechanism adds complexity, size, and usually a place for water and dirt to enter the light which are all things most folks around here don't want.

Instead, you'll find there are many great rechargeable AAA battery options that work well along with a number of reputable chargers available.

Good luck with your search!

Cheers!

-G

Quote Originally Posted by BuildingSerenity View Post
    Something in the AAA size range, though rechargeable is great if that's an option.

I just found this this forum and am fascinated. Thanks
    Be sure to checkout the Nitecore Tube and MecArmy SGN3 keychain lights... They are smaller than a AAA and have USB micro recharge feature. I think you'll be happy with either.

My personal preference is AA and 2xAA lights... there's a ton of choices and Eneloop Rechargeable AA batteries are second to none.

I have the Streamlight Microstream, the TerraLux Lightstar 80, and the Nitecore MT06 as penlights. All are great. The Microstream is a single AAA, the others are two AAA. I also have a couple BLF 348 single AAA penlights, but they are showing out of stock again on Gearbest, and I don't know if there is going to be another custom run or not.

There are also the Streamlight Stylus Pro and Stylus Pro USB twin AAA penlights.
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.

Thanks CreeG and Timothybil- Looking to fill the void under the Nitecore P12GT. When I'm wearing jeans and no cargo pockets.

Lumintop Tool looks good. Fun copper option

Preons on sale at foursevens website

Thanks! I'm really getting sold on the clickie on that Lumintop! I like the tactical look and it's not long

Unless I like the smaller size of the Fenix LD02 ! Another sweet light

EDIT: Bought the LD02 and the Energizer Lithium

Thanks for the opinions!
    Last edited by BuildingSerenity; 12-15-2015 at 08:26 PM.

Preon 2 from 4Sevens has already been mentioned. If you want something ultra durable and are willing to put up with a thicker body than usual, the Fenix LD05 is excellent. Tailcap rattles just a tiny bit though.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.