Act Fast! DEFT-edc-X Enthusiast

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
The OMG Lumens DEFT-edc-X is an even higher performance version of the already stunningly powerful edc-X. The increased performance comes from a new high definition glass optic. This has enabled a performance increase of 30,000cd to 400,000cd typical!!! This is the most potent throw light at this size in the world.

One other refinment to note is the addition of a black-out to all internal reflective surfaces not related to the main beam. This gives the most refined aspheric beam in the industry that is almost devoid of the artifacts found in all other aspheric lights. See pictures below comparing the regular edc to the Enthusiast. In addition to this there is an additional flourish on the body to identify this as the alpha dog in the edc lineup. This is a light for those who want the best of the best.

Shipments start in two weeks. But act fast as this will only be available for purchase until tomorrow the 16th midnight, Dallas Texas time, as that is when our contract for a key technology used in these lights runs out.

Performance of 400Kcd typical! (+/-7%)

Purchase here

Also note there are two Victor Enthusiast available on the website but as this too has the special technology that enables the edc-Enthusiast it too will no longer be available after tomorrow the 16th.

As always feel free to call me if you have any questions at 1-214-228-9468. Thanks, Michael

_DSC6436_zpso3ofvfe2.jpg

_DSC6449_zpsdvfsjrku.jpg

_DSC6445_zpstcjhsvns.jpg

White wall shot. edc-X Enthusiast on left edc-X on right
_DSC6469_zps9amc8vj1.jpg

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am pretty enthusiastic about getting my deft x edc enthusiast because you have to be a flashlight enthusiast to appreciate a light like this deft x edc enthusiast and when i get my deft x edc enthusiast i ill be enthusiastically taking beam shots to share with all you enthusiasts so you guys can enthusiastically admire my EDC x enthusiast :D

Last edited:

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mentioned an upgrade path for EDC-X owners. Is that still on the table? The artifact free beam is as big a draw as the tweaked intensity.

Scoops

Newly Enlightened
This light is extremely tempting for me at the moment, especially given the time limitation :hairpull: I'm hoping I can come to a decision before midnight. :sssh:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is extremely tempting for me at the moment, especially given the time limitation :hairpull: I'm hoping I can come to a decision before midnight. :sssh:
A little under two and a half hours to go before these lights are pulled off the market. If you are thinking about it and can do it without hurting yourself financially I'd do it. I'd imagine these lights will hold their value so if you decide to sell later you will probably be ok. Don't do it if you are putting yourself in a bad situation financially though:)

Tick tock tick tock...

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW Michael your photography work on these lights is amazing :)
Thanks. That is my other passion. I was kind of lamenting I didn't do a better job. I hate being a perfectionist sometimes.

You mentioned an upgrade path for EDC-X owners. Is that still on the table? The artifact free beam is as big a draw as the tweaked intensity.
It is still on the table but I will have to handle that in about three weeks to a month. The plan was to offer the new optic and holder as a "drop in" mod. The blackout is another matter. That would require the light be sent in and possibly torn down and rebuilt. I haven't explored the idea of applying the blackout with the collar in situ. We'll see.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Michael if you have a chance could you do some beamshots comparing the deft x edc enthusiast to the rev vector enthusiast? i think that would be cool to see the difference.

Ptery83

Newly Enlightened
Just out of curiosity, how many people are still waiting on the edc x Enthusiast that ordered one?

Ptery83

Newly Enlightened
Ok. As long as it isn't just me then I'm not worried. This tends to happen a bit with these lights but they are normally worth it when they finally do arrive. Thanks for the reply.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you guys are truly concerned, just give Mike a call on the number on his website during work hours.

I've spoke with him twice in the past month or so. The last call was to see if all was well as the town he lives in, Garland Texas was hit with a tornado a week or so back.

I purchased the Deft X edc and the Rev Victor Enthusiast. He will respond to a phone call.

mjgsxr

Enlightened
I took nonotagain advice and give Michael a quick ring yesterday. He's getting a round 8 flashlights out a week. So hopefully we should see our flashlights soon fingers crossed.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
SAM_0838 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
SAM_0840 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
SAM_0799 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

these photos are taken from Pigeon key island in the Florida keys on the west side of the island. the bridge you see the 7 mile bridge. the one to the right is the old bridge thats not in use. conditions at night were better then i could have even imagined for being able to test the true max range of the flashlight. 100% clear sky's and it got so dark the milky-way was super visible. I could not believe how far this deft x edc enthusiast would light up the bridge. at the time i had no idea the distances of each part of the bridge was. In the daylight photo i marked a few distances from google earth. i could not hit the tree obviously but i was easily hitting the flat part of the bridge where the 1 mile arrow is. now this lights not rated for a mile but i think due to the better then ideal atmospheric conditions it was possible. just wish i could have got a photo of it but at full zoom my camera could not pick it up while my eyes still could.

the first photo and second photo beamshots is only 1000 and 2000 feet away.

i have unzoomed photos but i still have to upload them

Last edited: