LED lenser M1 or Coast HP 1

Witterings

Enlightened
Has anybody compared the 2 torches in the title or does anyone have any thoughts on which may be best as there a big price difference between the 2, if I went with the Coast I'd probably use the 14500's to give it the extra power.

Also with the M1 it takes the CR 123A 3V batteries, could I use the rechargeable ones that are 3.7v or will that damage the torch does anyone know, you can get 3v rechargeable and need a different charger for them but from what I've heard they fade off very quickly.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I'd probably not get either torch...there are typically better choices.

How will you be using the torch?

Witterings

Enlightened
How will you be using the torch?

I specifically want a small torch and hence why I picked those and don't want anything bigger at all, I'll be using it as a general pocket torch for walking to the pub, walking dog after dark but also want a zoom as I sometimes shoot after dark as well .... hope that helps???

Will certainly look at any other suggested alternatives!!!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Not being familiar with the M1 I cannot comment on that.
But I can say the HP1 is a pretty user friendly, tailstanding, 1 setting battery sipper that disappears in your pocket or clips on.

For dog walking the spot can be a blinder or a slight adjustment towards flood for uneven terain. And if you want a map reader put it on flood to disperse enough light to keep from a self blinding experience.

I bought one, beat on it a while, then gave away several to folks who are not gentle on their lights. No complaints.