Led Lenser TT

YJT

Newly Enlightened
I just saw the Led Lenser TT on a good sale, and started to wander whether I should buy it.

I own a P7 and have tested several other models from Led Lenser. I like the overall quality of production, the smooth beam and such. The biggest gripe is that you have to cycle the light outputs (high - low - off), so you cannot turn it on on high, turn it off and turn it on back on high. That is a big no-no, as I´m looking for a tactical flashlight.

Now the TT is marketed as tactical flashlight, so I was wondering if it still has the old non-tactical user interface as in P7 for example, or is it really a tactical flashlight.

Lord Flashlight

Enlightened
I have the Lenser TT. Newest model. It cycles differently to the P7 in that you can turn it on and off without having to do the full cycle. The sequence is High, Low.

Be aware that the head focus system is by twisting the head like a screw. So you cannot quickly go from spot to flood like you can on the P7. At first that didn't bother me but after a while I saw it as a disadvantage.

Last edited:

YJT

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, that sounds good. Also, the focus system sounds better, as with the P7, the flashlight could go "off focus" when holstering or removing from the holster. Therefore you could not be sure how wide the beam was when you took it from the holster. Not a biggie on "normal" use, but disadvantage in tactical use.

ven

Flashaholic
The t7.2 is a good option as now you can lock the head in any zoom position. My t7 used to do my head in with it moving...........however it worked as a great shock absorber for drops :laughing:

YJT

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I like the locking option on the 7.2, but it still has the unacceptable user interface for tactical work.