How's The Weather There ?

harro

Enlightened
:sweat:

How's the weather where you are ?? Right at this moment ( 5:30 PM Saturday 19/12/2015......or 12/19/2015, which ever way you look at it ), we've got about 42 deg C ( I think that's about 106 - 107 deg F ) outside, and daylight from about 5 AM till around 9 PM. Ideal flashlight weather...... NOT !! Ha...and we just about cant be any further from the shortest day for us Southern Hemisphereians. ( Bryan Adams - Summer Of 69 crankin' through the TU8200 valve amp and Visaton Classic 200's ) Dreaming of crunchy white lawns and short days/long nights. Ahh well, only six months to go.
Cheers and beers fronm downunder,
Mike.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Bit on the warm side for me but I would swap ya :laughing: if only for a few days . Here in the miserable uk it's 07:05 , still dark, wet as always with a very mild 12oC-15oC right now . We are having one if not the warmest Decembers right now. Daffodils are blooming !!!! It's cocking all kind up including crops ....

This time of year I really want snow.....

Cheers from up above :)

harro

Enlightened
Yeah, I've seen the news once or twice, and you seem to be getting a few floods also, in certain areas. Stay safe. I'm going to visit there one day after retirement, particularly RAF Conningsby and the Panton bros. farm at East Kirkby, to have a look at a couple of very famous bits of English history, namely PA474 and NX611.

Cheers.

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks, I am a little lower down(90 miles) from Cumbria(Lake District) . It has been a nightmare for them and thought with them all effected . Right before Christmas and failed by poor flood defences that just moved the flood water further down the river! It's not the first time either for them ......

Here around Manchester it is rain rain rain although where I am is kind of high up and the nearest river is a 100m or so bellow(and a mile away). Have noticed the roads getting worse though with floods, I blame poor maintenance and leaves etc blocking them. Even the motorway is getting flooded regularly (m60) and can be quite hazardous , more so for traffic on the other side. As the drains over flow and form puddles in the fast lane, cars hit the water and send a huge wave over the central reservation which impaires drivers vision for a few seconds as wipers can't clear the flood in time.

I digress , but it seems almost a daily occurrence and a serious accident in the waiting .

Hope you enjoy the visit :) I do complain a lot about the UK but there are some really beautiful parts to visit . Just bring or borrow an anorak from mr McNair :laughing:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Christmas time in New England in the US. Normally 30-40 degrees F around this time of year but we're breaking records this December because of funky El Nino wind pattern. Been in the upper 60s for the past few weeks.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Overall, it's been unseasonably warm. Today, however, we had a few inches of lake effect snow.
it is supposed to be over 60f this next Wednesday though.
i don't ever remember having a winter this mild...

LGT

Enlightened
Christmas time in New England in the US. Normally 30-40 degrees F around this time of year but we're breaking records this December because of funky El Nino wind pattern. Been in the upper 60s for the past few weeks.
Not quite as warm just a bit north in Massachusetts, but close. Working outdoors, I'll enjoy these temperatures as long as they last.

MrJino

Enlightened
5:20 PM in southern california.
Weather is cool, slight wind, clear skies.
I'd say about 50 or 55.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Bit on the warm side for me but I would swap ya :laughing: if only for a few days . Here in the miserable uk it's 07:05 , still dark, wet as always with a very mild 12oC-15oC right now . We are having one if not the warmest Decembers right now. Daffodils are blooming !!!! It's cocking all kind up including crops ....

This time of year I really want snow.....

Cheers from up above :)

I'm in central Maryland and we had temperatures in the mid-60s until this week, the warmest Dec. so far. But it's in the low 40s now which is more typical.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
5:20 PM in southern california.
Weather is cool, slight wind, clear skies.
I'd say about 50 or 55.

I grew up in L.A. back in the 50s and 60s, Westchester, Playa del Rey, Woodland Hills. Went to U.C. Riverside for two years and lived in Cucamonga.

PolarLi

Enlightened
Up in Arctic Norway at 69 degree north, it's 1.6 degree celsius right now. Cloudy, no wind, 35 cm snow on the ground. This time a year, the sun is below the horizon for two months, so it dark outside for about 20 hours a day, with 4 hours of twilight. Great conditions for flashlights and vampires :laughing:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Around Geneva, it's been warm and very foggy. Not enough enough snow in the mountains and the skiers are complaining. Took my daughter horse riding today and although it was pretty warm, the damp went to my bones. BBQ a steak tonight and the dampness was tough.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Up in Arctic Norway at 69 degree north, it's 1.6 degree celsius right now. Cloudy, no wind, 35 cm snow on the ground. This time a year, the sun is below the horizon for two months, so it dark outside for about 20 hours a day, with 4 hours of twilight. Great conditions for flashlights and vampires :laughing:

Wow, are you in Tromso by any chance?

Welfare

Newly Enlightened
Portsmouth in the UK, it's absolutely howling and very wet... I love it :twothumbs

kj2

Flashaholic
Today; cold, wet and windy. Should clear up in a day or two. I wouldn't mind little bit of snow with Christmas :)

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Current conditions:

PtMFF4C.jpg

LbP86sb.jpg