Streamlight 4AA/7 LED at Sterling, VA Costco!

Al_Kirchner

Newly Enlightened
I was wandering the aisles last night as I ususally do and stumbled on the Streamlight. It was $20!! I bought one immediately and I'm going back for another this evening. What a great light!

They also had the Dorcy Spyder two-paks and some other lights as well.

Al_Kirchner

Newly Enlightened
Slaro,

I love it! It came with 4 Duracell AAs and it's very bright. I'm going back for another tonight.

Slaro

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif Good one Al K

My dad had a yellow one but the black paint that's on it scratched up badly so I think it is basically all yellow now. I would like to get a black one. I third color they make is the OD olive drab.
One good thing about the yellow is that it is easier to find at night.

Al_Kirchner

Newly Enlightened
Slaro,

I have to have a use for it?

Oh, ya right, I mean of course; it will be replacing its big brother (3C/10 LED) as my all-purpose household light. I'm also getting one for my daughter to have at college.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a great light.

When something breaks around the house, and I am not shining beams on white walls, I reach for the SL 4AA7LED, or the SL Luxeon Task Light. They do the job, long run time, cheap.

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
The 4AA/7LED is a terrific light--I hope the Costco down here gets them in. The batts last a helluva long time. I got mine last year around June or so (at least) and I haven't changed the original set of batts yet. And for at least a month now I've used the light for around 20-30 minutes daily. I had been thinking about ordering more of them, but maybe I'll wait and see if Costco picks up on them.

Raven

Enlightened
I like mine ok (just bought it last month), but the rubber tail cap keeps dropping off, and screwing on the lamp seems to require more force than it should.

It's not that the light needs grease, but sometimes I hear a loud snap, when screwing the lamp all the way down, and yes I do make sure to align the inside bulb with the batteries, before I start turning the lamp.

Back to the rubber tail cap. Not only does it keep unwinding, but it feels extremely thin. I can already tell that it's going to wear out more quickly than I would expect from a 30 dollar flashlight.

As far as battery use goes, top notch. I get decent throw/volume from partially depleted batteries, so it's a great light for that purpose.

Raven

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang, checked my local Costco (Danvers, MA) and none that I could see. Just the Spyder lights, the V1,V2 moon lights and of course Mags. Sure hope they get them, I'll buy two, sight unseen. I assume it is in the battery/flashlight section? They only deviation that I have seen is that Costco carries the spotlight(s) in the auto section but I checked there as well.

pilot4x4

Enlightened
I checked my local store this afternoon and they don't carry them either unfortunately. They told me only a couple of stores in S. Calif have them and unfortunately none are close to me. I had one of these lights before (a current model) and returned it because it over heated in the first 20 minutes or so of use. I understand some people have good luck with them though and Costco has a excellent return policy so it would be a good place to try another one from. John

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the Spyder lights were only carried at spotty locations at first as well and now seem to be universal at all Costco's so hopefully, the Streamlights will follow suit.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does costco require a membership? Any way to get around it?