Lost or stolen

billbebob

Newly Enlightened
I just have to vent right now.

In the course of one day or so I have either lost or had stolen two of my EDC lights. The First was an Elzetta Alpha, and the other was an HDS 120 high CRI light. Both of these lights have just bloody disappeared, I have looked high and low and they are both gone:hairpull::xyxgun:. I am leaning towards them being lost rather than stolen losing both in short amount of time is very frustrating. The HDS was in the inside jacket pocket of my pea coat and there is no hole in the pocket because everything else was still in the pocket. The elzetta was in my cargo pants pocket so that may have actually fallen out.

With money being tight right now it will be a while before I can replace either of those lights with similar quality ones. Only fellow flashaholics can feel and understand my frustration and anger. Well I will keep looking and praying for the best. Thanks for reading and allowing me to vent. I am keep this post family friendly, even though my initial thoughts and language might not have been very family friendly.
Bill

ven

Flashaholic
:( Sorry to hear, even when i lost a klarus p1a i was annoyed ,as even low cost lights still have a place and did my head in for weeks(well still does now). It was actually found under a robot and decided not to hand in or say anything............:shakehead says it all on the kind of person!

I digress and can feel your pain with it being 2 awesome lights, hoping they turn up soon. Places i look are under the car seats where they may fall out and slide out of sight, daft places like the side of the sofa , wash basket etc. Amazing how much room there is under the cushions!
Is it work or home you noticed missing? Has anyone took a shine(no pun intended) to any of your lights that may have been in the vicinity of the coat?

Good luck and dont give up yet!

Poppy

Flashaholic
Ouch!!! Two very nice lights!

I had a three D cell mag light show up a few years after the batteries had expired, but they didn't leak.
Last month, I found a 2AAA stainless penlight that was missing for 6 months or so, and a 2AA minimag pro+ that went fishing at the bottom of a toy box for nearly a year.
Another surprise find was a 2D energizer wide beam, that I modified to house an XM-L2.

The light that I was sick over it being lost, was a EagleTac D25A Ti that was gifted to me by a friend across the pond. I did a happy dance when it was found!

I'm still holding out for a SolarForce L2M, and a Convoy S2, each are missing for more than a year.

Hopefully, you'll find them, sooner rather than later, and you get to do a happy dance!

Father Azmodius

Enlightened
I lost the copper Lumitop less than a week after getting it. I'm pissed, but I have 2 more coming from the group buy, so it's not too bad. Amazingly I found an Eagletac light I had lost in the woods a year later, and it still worked

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Dratz!

Right here at Christmas too.
I lose my Streamlight TL 2 right often...inside my truck. I carry it in my right vest pocket and somehow the configuartion of the truck seat I drive each day causes it to fall out.
I carry it in the left pocket now.

The inside pocket of a pea coat seems pretty secure.

My mind would be so tortured now trying to figure out where the last time I saw them. I understand the urge to purge all those **** words. You showed mighty fine restraint there billibob.

Hope you find them soon.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I had a very lucky one a couple of weeks back:ohgeez:, i had my v11r mirage in my northface, unknown to me i had the inside pocket unzipped. Changed for work, threw coat in and off i went............. Damn i forgot my swipe card, walked back only to find my v11r in the holster waiting patiently on the floor 1/2 under the locker Could have certainly gone walkies and would not have known till later or even the next day if i had not used it. Very lucky on that one i think,so goes without saying i check my inner zip at least 20 times a day now :laughing: I need to get out of the habit of using then putting back and not zipping up!!!!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a true bummer for a flashlight freak. We love our lights. Even damage to a cheap one could cause one great mental anguish! :hairpull::grouphug:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
... Places i look are under the car seats where they may fall out and slide out of sight, daft places like the side of the sofa , wash basket etc. Amazing how much room there is under the cushions! ...

Cushioned furniture and car seats are the worst EDC gear bandits. They steal pocket change when given the opportunity, too.

billbebob

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the kind words I noticed they were missing when I was at home. Still very miffed at this point. Trying to back track my movements but no luck as of yet.
they could have fallen out anywhere.
Those two lights were very bright, try as I may, try as I might, those two lights are currently out of sight.
trying to remain optimistic.
No soap so far for cushion so far.

Last edited:

tedjanxt

Enlightened
Streamlight Microstream/Fenix L0DCE combo mod. Missing over two years now. It's in this house somewhere...

Miss my AAA clicky :-(

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
I am staying in my uncles house, I have done a full search of the house except the kids room and I still have not found my fenix e20 that I bought for my dad for christmas. I only lost it a few hours ago and my suspicion is on their oldest, a 7 year old boy. I just hope that if he did take it he hasnt decided to make it dissapear for good. I dont want to go all CIA on him but I will not have a chance to replace that light before christmas and I dont make enough money to throw away.

Edit- the flashlight has been found.
It was dropped on the road.

Last edited:

rumack

Enlightened
Losing 2 great lights like that would make me need to vent too. I would be fuming. Losing those would be a real shame. I hope you find them safe and sound.

LedTed

Enlightened
In the course of one day or so I have either lost or had stolen two of my EDC lights.
Bill (EDITED)

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

I too recently am unable to find one of my D11.2s. I know what it's like to go through every pants and jacket pocket, to look on closet floors, to retrace steps, for several days, all with no luck.

billbebob

Newly Enlightened
Well, thanks for the encouragement. I am not completely without hope but it is getting dim(pun intended:). They may have grown legs(that would be a good addition from Henry:) and disappeared. In the end they are only lights and can be replaced. During this Christmas season lets not forget peace on Earth and goodwill toward are fellow men and women, and what is really important in this world, beyond little flashlights. Also who is the real light of the world(again pun intended:)
Regards,
Bill