Fenix PD35 green/yellow corona?

Sledgestone

Newly Enlightened
Just coming home from a winter walk when I discovered that my PD35 has a sickly green/yellowish corona surrounding the hotspot. I don't recall seeing this before, but I can't be certain.
Anyone with a PD35 who has the same thing? Or know if this is normal?

ven

Flashaholic
I dont think its too uncommon tbh to have a little yellow or green from the xml2(presuming its ~2014 version). How is it outside, if fine i would not worry, also on other modes, is it worse in higher or lower modes as you can get tint shifts with various output levels.

Mine has a slight blue , but only noticable against a wall............pretty irrelevant tbh as its outdoors that matter to me:)

If it is unbearable then contact Fenix , that may be the best solution or even sending to vinh for an led swap of choice:)

Sledgestone

Newly Enlightened
Yes, it is the 2014 edition. The thing is, I didn't notice it at home. I noticed it when walking in the snow and it's worst in the 180 lumen mode, the mode I use the most. If it was a blue corona it wouldn't matter that much because of the snow. But when the snow looks like urine it's not very nice.

And when I notice stuff that annoys me, I tend to look for them every time.. I wish one could unseen it :p

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 6 35's (PD,UC,TAC) the only one I dont usually use is the 2014 version the tint is just...not right its to cool. You may also be experiencing just your lens fogging up and creating chromatic aberrations when on your winter walks.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Just coming home from a winter walk when I discovered that my PD35 has a sickly green/yellowish corona surrounding the hotspot. I don't recall seeing this before, but I can't be certain.

I don't have that light but yes what you're talking about is common IMHO.

ven

Flashaholic
I just can't understand how I've not seen it before :p

I can see all kinds over time, its like the led tint changes slightly............never ever compare next to a different tint :laughing: it does all kinds to ones tint recognition system ......... I can make neutrals appear cool to warm to .............and visa versa. The eyes adjust and can play all tricks........

Enjoy outside and you should not notice, dont try and look for it and all will be good. Most cooler tints have a slight yellow or green at times and of course blues. Win the lotto or get vinh to pick a nice creamy white and win win................

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
My pd35 has a slight hint not bad at all but just makes the overall tint warmer than other stock lights, im actually really happy with my pd35 tint. Maybe just dont use it in snow ? !
I was disgusted with my ultra cool blue sunwayman v25c though shockingly yuk !

Milw light

Newly Enlightened
I don't have that with my 2015 Tac. It has a nice bright white flood without a lot of bright throw & not very much of a hotspot. I have a similar yellowish corona on my Brighteyes light & its not pleasant to look at for very long.

Latest posts