Wavien making deft-x?

Tiresius

Enlightened
http://www.wavien.com/shop/deft-x/

I just ran across this and found it to be funny that although it's out of stock, they have it in their list of products. I thought they made it themselves at first.

They should have put the flashlight under their testimony to show what their patent was capable lol

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a post from Michael which details the press release between Wavien and Michael's DEFT-X.

Here is the press release that went out today about the light and the OMG and Wavien deal. For those in the Las Vegas area this week you will be interested to know that the new DEFT-X is being demoed at the CES show. Details in the press release. -Michael

http://www.ereleases.com/pr/waviens-rlt-technology-licensed-omg-lumens-produce-worlds-longest-throwing-led-flashlight-2-96329

VALENCIA, Calif., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ – Wavien, Inc. will be presenting the world's longest throwing commercially available LED flashlight, designed and manufactured by OMG Lumens, Inc., at the CES trade show at the Las Vegas Convention Center, January 8th – 11th, 2013, South Hall, Booth # 20236. The beam intensity of this LED flashlight, the OMG Lumens model DEFT-X, is, at 900,000 cd (candela), 260% more intense than the closest competitor and is considered a new world record for a commercially available flashlight.
Wavien's Recycling Light Technology (RLT™) system is a simple, cost-effective way to dramatically increase the brightness and efficiency of most LED products. As a Wavien licensee of this enabling technology, OMG Lumens will start the manufacture and sale of this new product in Q1 2013. The OMG Lumens DEFT-X product is available now for preorder for delivery in 3-4 weeks with very attractive pricing.
"RLT is Wavien's Recycling Light Technology, a compact, low-cost, passive component technology that increases over 2 times the useable light output of conventional LEDs by collecting high angle LED generated light, that would be wasted in conventional illumination systems, and redirecting it into a more compact, useful, and brighter beam. The usable LED light output is significantly boosted by the RLT reflector with no additional LED input power required and no change in LED lifetime," stated Dr. Kenneth Li, President and CEO of Wavien, Inc., who is also the inventor of the RLT technology. "Wavien is very pleased that our RTL technology is a key component of the latest ground-breaking product from OMG Lumens, an acknowledged leader in its field."
Michael Johnson, portable SSL design consultant and President of OMG Lumens, stated, "As a flashlight enthusiast and portable lighting designer for 5 years I have spent countless hours trying to find ways to increase the throw of my lights and push the boundaries of the possible, and chasing even small percentages of improvement wherever they could be found. Holding the world record for 5 years in LED based throw lights is a testament to this uncompromising approach. The Wavien RLT system stands as the most significant throw enhancing technology I have seen all these years and is enabling us to achieve performance once thought to be unattainable. The RLT system is a perfect fit for our line of hyper-performance flashlights starting with the introduction of the new DEFT-X."
About Wavien, Inc.
Wavien, based in Valencia, California, is a technology licensing company developing long-life, advanced high-performance light source solutions including arc lamps, LEDs, lasers, laser/phosphor hybrids, and plasma lamps, for the next generation of projection and consumer lighting industries. Wavien continues to make major advancements in the LED illumination market with its recycling RLT technology.
RLT™ is registered trademarks of Wavien®, Inc.
For more information, please visit http://www.wavien.com

Contact Information:
Harry Farrar
Sales and Marketing
+1-661 294 2900 ex 210
[email protected]

About OMG Lumens, Inc.
OMG Lumens, Inc., a Texas corporation, was established in 2008 to push the state-of-the-art in portable lighting forward significantly. OMG Lumens is dedicated to uncompromising and unequaled performance in the portable SSL market and serves the law enforcement, search and rescue, hunting, boating, and flashlight enthusiast communities.
Contact Information:
Michael Johnson
President of OMG Lumens and subsidiary OneStopThrowShop
+1-214-228-9468
[email protected]

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! At least now we know Wavien isn't dead

Not necessarily, saabluster posted that tidbit on 01/08/2013. At least several CPF members can not make contact with anyone at Wavien, either via phone or email. Also, their website has portions that are not working properly, to say the least. saabluster has not enlightened us yet as to whether Wavien is still an existing company or what is going on there.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
It appears that Morningstar purchased the Wavien patents and has some of Wavien's items for sale.
I was able to order a few items I had interest in, otherwise Paypal will get my monies back.

I sent Michael a PM earlier today, but I guess he's too busy to respond about the changes.