Longest Throw Acebeam K40

swan

Banned
I just checked their site, the K40S is longest thrower of the K series.

listed spec-

265000 candela at 1m, 1030 metres of throw and 1500 lumens.

This has the latest Cree XPL HI intensity led.

ven

Flashaholic
Only other I can think of is the k40L , if your looking to buy one it is a far better option to buy one off vinh. Beefed up with better heat sinking etc and one of his best sellers. Awesome throw and well priced .

SUNDAYBAIN

Newly Enlightened
Thank for the reply ven,the thing is i see a K40 with a cree xm-l2 claiming 816mt and another with a cree xp-l claiming 760mt should i go for the first ?

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank for the reply ven,the thing is i see a K40 with a cree xm-l2 claiming 816mt and another with a cree xp-l claiming 760mt should i go for the first ?

I know your not interested in modded lights but i don't really feel the k40lvn should use the generic mod term. While it is technically modded he did the mod so well that even on turbo it does not get that hot and its much brighter then stock and its just a better light because you know the quality of the internals have been beefed quite a bit. Also imo battery life is not much different.

ven

Flashaholic
Stand to be corrected but I thought the xpl was the same but a smaller foot print. Personally I would go with the newest model as it may have had tweaks we are not aware of. Your really not going to notice the difference in distance in real life. The older led could have been stored for months and months....

I really do strongly recommend a vinh version, it will blow you away and will be in the uk and with you in 8 days. Worth the little wait, only down side and this is a warning.....no other lights will do from then on. I felt the same with modded lights at the start, the unknown, will it break etc . Well they don't , they are better and his warranties are better if needed. He also offers to return if not happy as well. Take a risk(no risk at all)....don't look back;)

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The K40 XP-L W2 is driven harder than the earlier XM-L2 U2 version.

Last edited: