1XAAA brightest regulated branded LED light?

creegeek

Newly Enlightened
Slightly OT - Take a look at the MecArmy SGN3... Its not a AAA but for me I prefer it over a AAA light.

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
The twisty Eagletac D25AAA (cool white version) puts out 145 Lumens max.

The clicky Lumintop Tool offers 110 lumens max and up to 300 with a 10440, but they do not recommend that as it could destroy its driver.

recDNA

Flashaholic
And I get a real 260 out of mine in my sphere. That's pretty amazing for a AAA with Eneloop!
Remember the good ol days when Surefire UNDER-rated their output numbers? It's not regulated either is it?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
And I get a real 260 out of mine
cool :)
It does seem like the Plus is top of the charts in starting brightness

Click for review

it shows 20% of 300 lumens at the 1 Hour mark for the green line (NiMH), so about 60 lumens at the 1 hour mark

I prefer H-M-L but nobody seems to build one.
I read somewhere that the Titan Plus can have that mode sequence enabled, contact Surefire for more info.

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
cool :)
It does seem like the Plus is top of the charts in starting brightness

Click for review

it shows 20% of 300 lumens at the 1 Hour mark for the green line (NiMH), so about 60 lumens at the 1 hour mark

I read somewhere that the Titan Plus can have that mode sequence enabled, contact Surefire for more info.

Cool, thanks for the 411! Unfortunately, like the op, I prefer a regulated driver. Maybe 100 lumens for 30 minutes before step down? I don't know what is possible with AAA NiMH. The lithium primary curve is weird dropping almost to nothing then going back up for the longest actual runtime. Both Surefire lights mentioned are too big for keychain for me anyway.

Last edited:

Brett H

Newly Enlightened
Recently picked up a Lumapower LM21. They claim 300 lumens with a 10440 (unprotected as they state a TF10440 protected does not fit) or just 100 lumens with the AAA. I will soon be ordering some 10440s to test the capabilities of this light.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumapower LM21. They claim 300 lumens with a 10440 (unprotected…
Lumapower is a 100 lumen light on AAA batteries.
That light uses PWM and UNprotected 10440. Two reasons Not to go there. YMMV…

whatever robs your wallet :)

res1cue

Newly Enlightened
Recently got ultratac k18, 360 lumens on 10440. First light in a long time that has blown me away

Got it around the same time as the sidekick, and while the tint is a little too cool, the form factor of the ultratac is much smaller than the titan. Seems throwier too even though the reflector is about the same size

Brett H

Newly Enlightened
Lumapower is a 100 lumen light on AAA batteries.
That light uses PWM and UNprotected 10440. Two reasons Not to go there. YMMV…

whatever robs your wallet :)

Thanks for the insight Jon! Yeah, unfortunately I did not know this light uses PWM. I did know about the unprotected 10440s. Are these not advisable? What about other unprotected Li-Ion batteries?