Why no Elzettas on Ebay?

napeequa55

Newly Enlightened
Thought this was kinda weird - I bought an elzetta last month to mount to a hunting rifle and ended up getting a flood lens M60 in it.

I wanted to pick up a high/low tailcap and maybe an M60 standard to keep handy as well, for hunting situations where I need a more concentrated beam...

Figured I could pick me up on eBay pretty easy - but no luck!

Haven't seen a single elzetta component - and only a single, overpriced used alpha on eBay in the three weeks I've had alerts setup via the app!

Seems strange to me. Where do flashlight needs pawn off their unwanted elzetta components? Apparently not eBay!

ncgrass

Enlightened
Right here! There's been a couple of elzetta m60's for sale the last few days 😜

More seriously though, I think the cobfigurator on Elzetta's website means people get what they want and don't often sell parts. Since they're most compatible with each other it makes sense to keep extras for future purchases too.

I think you're best forking out for the hi/low tail cap as it's awesome and don't seem to be having much luck!

scout24

Flashaholic
There are a half dozen Bravos, a half dozen Charlies, and an Alpha, up right now. You're right, no components. I think most who buy keep them, or as ncgrass said, sell them here. They're out there, just not in the numbers that other makers lights are.

napeequa55

Newly Enlightened
Yep - that's sorta what brought me to this forum in the first place.

You just have to trust that folks here are honest since there's no feedback system or means of recourse if you get ripped off somehow.

I'm talking to a gentleman right now about buying an M60 off of him! So far so good.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ nuthin but gremmies sell here.

Ebay is a roll of the dice.

Elzettas are either loved or hated in 48 hours of use. More loved than hated, yet some say "yuck" after a couple of days.
And unlike many brands, there aren't all that many being made. The folks who buy parts for them tend to stash the other stuff in their parts box(es).

Mine started out as a zip lock that would fit in a pop tarts box.
Now my parts fill 3 sneaker sized boxes and I just started a 4th.

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hardcore Elzetta users tend to take their spare parts and just buy more parts until it's a complete light.

These same people that drop serious coin on a light tend to keep spare parts on hand (while looking for the components to make it complete) instead of selling them for extra money.

napeequa55

Newly Enlightened
That makes a lot of sense.

I do notice that there aren't a lot of Elzetta retailers, and those there are don't really sell the components, just complete lights.

I guess I wish there were more selling components so I could find deals on them. I don't necessarily need another light for $200 but I might spend another $60 for a second tailcap option etc.