Maxtorch        
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The PK products thread

Default Re: The PK products thread

Nice pix!
    I found the PL-2 BLK display on Amazon accidently while browsing on BEW's Amazon store (on the second page).
    There were six of them in stock before I bought 2 a few days ago. Now I see no PL-2 BLK or Silver in stock at the moment.
    Surprisingly, there are 3 Rainbows in stock right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DK Demand Lab View Post
    Nice pix!
    I found the PL-2 BLK display on Amazon accidently while browsing on BEW's Amazon store (on the second page).
    There were six of them in stock before I bought 2 a few days ago. Now I see no PL-2 BLK or Silver in stock at the moment.
    Surprisingly, there are 3 Rainbows in stock right now.
    Somebody went in the back and pulled out some more.
    Heck last night they had pulled silver from being shown. But it is back up now. Cool
    John 3:16

Finally broke down and ordered the rocket.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    In the States this thing would get you expelled from school Ven.
    They booted out a 7 year old for eating the edges of a pop to leave the remainder in the shape of a gun in a nearby community... permanently... as in never allowed in Chesterfield schools again.... it's that crazy over here these days.

My company just created a 'policy' in how to deal with 'active shooting situations' requiring us to 'run' lol. We are (by policy) not allowed to defend ourselves... no kidding.

Never one to play by the rules I figure if it comes down to it I'd rather be alive and unemployed than the alternative. Ya know?
    If this is out of line -forgive me 1. run like a little boy or Stand and fight like a Man depending upon the situation
    Throw a chair, book, anything throw your Pen like it is weapon, attack with it with everything you have.

Flashaholic

Switching gears... well actually switching automobiles...

The PK-TPE-BK:

Not your fathers Parker pen.

The black (bk) PK tactical pen- executive (tpe) is not your ordinary inkpen in ways that go way beyond the tactical aspects.
    Looking at it your first impression may be that it looks like a surgical instrument for the psyopath. But in todays society where companies post signs telling the bad guys the building is full of sitting ducks disguised as office dwellers one has to decide how to defend ones self just in case.
    Stapler? Not balanced. Letter opener? Banned by some companies; no dangerous objects rule. Adding machine? Yeah right. Computer mouse? Who are you kidding? That chain of paper clips is of no use. Smoking is banned so no ashtray to use as a throwing star (Jason Statham favorite). Hiding under the desk is out....

Enter the tactical inkpen.
    But this deal is a real nice inkpen. Seriously. It's nice and weighty like those expensive pens when the screw on cap is attached. Writes well on todays recycled paper products where many pens struggle.
    When you initially touch what you want to write on there is ink provided by the smooth writing ball point. No need to have something nearby to squiggle on to get it going. Rare in a non gel inkpen these days. Yet no smear like gel pens.

With the cap removed it is perfectly center weighted.

Cap fits well on the opposite end if you prefer.

Although it looks like a logo'd drill bit, it goes way beyond that.
    The business end is carved out to fit the average finger in ways that allows it to become one with your fiinger tips. A very natural feel to the shapes as you write with the supplied Fisher space pen cartridge.

Not quite sure how the clip works tactically.
    But it's form and function is very shirt pocket friendly.
    Executives don't typically 'do pocket protectors' but opt for single stitch tailered linens or poly blends.
    The curled end fits snug against the straight portion and the width allow it to gently slide on and off your pocket while not snagging loose threads.

End cap threads onto the business end.

Tip is gentle enough not to poke a hole in your pocket, but the shape is such that.... well.
    And there is a (unseen in pic) hole through the tip to allow a nun-chuck producing lanyard attachment as well.

And incase you didn't know at a glance this is another well planned, well executed product from the fertile mind of PK , the trademark'd logo should seal that notion.

And heaven forbid worse comes to worse, you do at least have a potential kubotan instrument that may save your life in a darkened parking garage.
    Too bad there is not a way of putting some small leds around that ink point, like in low light writing conditions=just a thought?

Quote Originally Posted by irongate View Post
    Too bad there is not a way of putting some small leds around that ink point, like in low light writing conditions=just a thought?
    Powertac has a 140 lumen inkpen. lol.
    It's actually pretty nice.

I work for a very progressive company Irongate. The ones making the rules are the ones in locations where the bad guys tend to roam, so "bad on them"... me, I'm out in the field somewhere well away from the likely hood of that situation.
    My briefcase is an igloo cooler. My inken is a PK.

Quote Originally Posted by liteboy View Post
    Congratz! I hope you enjoy that~

Little bro and baby bro take in a sunset before road work begins.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 07-29-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

Congrats, you will not be disappointed. Except if this is your first light from PK. Then you will find a reason to buy everything he makes...in multiples....
    Not because they ever fail, but because you enjoy using them so much you can't envision being without if somehow one disappeared...In all seriousness this is one awesome light! I highly recommend getting a PL-2 before they are all gone...only$36 on Amazon...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyeddiethefirst View Post
    Congrats, you will not be disappointed. Except if this is your first light from PK. Then you will find a reason to buy everything he makes...in multiples....
    Not because they ever fail, but because you enjoy using them so much you can't envision being without if somehow one disappeared...In all seriousness this is one awesome light! I highly recommend getting a PL-2 before they are all gone...only$36 on Amazon...

I can quit anytime...
    Last edited by bykfixer; 07-29-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Very cool. I hope to purchase some of Mr. Kim's creations myself!

Something old, something not so old.
    ~ C.G.

Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

I can quit anytime...
    Really? What PK P's have you purchased recently? Anything?

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Really? What PK P's have you purchased recently? Anything?

~ Chance
    Who me?
    You mean in the last week?
    Well except FL-2's #7 & 8, a pair of PR-1's and 7 PL-2's... uh, nuthin... see I can quit anytime...

Christmas is only a few months away and I want my tree decorated properly this year. Cannot see the Keymates from across the room. lol

Love, love, love that orange light CG.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 08-22-2016 at 08:11 PM.

Who me?
    You mean in the last week?
    Well except FL-2's #7 & 8, a pair of PR-1's and 7 PL-2's... uh, nuthin... see I can quit anytime...

Christmas is only a few months away and I want my tree decorated properly this year. Cannot see the Keymates from across the room. lol

Love, love, love that orange light CG.
    time for a PK Family group picture, Mr. Fixer. I'm thinking you have a great wife, that loves you very much.

Orange is a beauty. I'm thinking of passing her on.

~ Chance

time for a PK Family group picture, Mr. Fixer. I'm thinking you have a great wife, that loves you very much.

Orange is a beauty. I'm thinking of passing her on.

~ Chance
    My wife is glad I'm not collecting cars anymore Chance.

My wife is glad I'm not collecting cars anymore Chance.
    So are we at CPF. Thanks for bringing so much to the forum, old and new.

~ C. G.

So are we at CPF. Thanks for bringing so much to the forum, old and new.

~ C. G.

Extreme ends of the nickel plated spectrum.
    1915 Franco and a 2016 PK.

History shows the 2C Franco was as small and bright as possible at that time.
    Oh what a difference a century makes, huh?
    Last edited by bykfixer; 07-29-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Extreme ends of the nickel plated spectrum.
    1915 Franco and a 2016 PK.

History shows the 2C Franco was as small and bright as possible at that time.
    Oh what a difference a century makes, huh?
    Man, your post makes me want to live another century to see what light innovations await us!

Man, your post makes me want to live another century to see what light innovations await us!
    When PK builds a light, the future is the present.

Finally received all 6 of my PL-2s (a half of them will be given to my friends).

First time to shell out 36+ and 45+ bucks per AAA light. I will see how it goes..

time for a PK Family group picture, Mr. Fixer.

~ Chance
    PR-1's #2 & 3 were mailed directly elsewhere along with FL-2's #6 & 7.
    So any photo would only include PR-1 #'s 1 & 4 and FL-2 #'s 1-5 & #8 (before #8 gets mailed off later)...
    Hope that makes senses. lol

Quote Originally Posted by DK Demand Lab View Post
    Finally received all 6 of my PL-2s (a half of them will be given to my friends).

First time to shell out 36+ and 45+ bucks per AAA light. I will see how it goes..
    My crystal ball predicts Ima end up with a rainbow or three.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 08-24-2016 at 08:44 PM.

The current crop, minus a few FL-2's and Warrior 2's stashed in my safe.

2 rainbow PL-2's enroute.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 07-29-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Awesome family of PK's there

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    I'm thinking one of his foursevens lights will be added at some point.

Where these flashlights are made?

Quote Originally Posted by GODOFWAR View Post
    Where these flashlights are made?

China

China
    Is it good or?

Quote Originally Posted by GODOFWAR View Post
    Is it good or?
    Yes, the quality is very high and as with most things made in China(which is most things!) depends on the specs they are asked to be made to. China of course make many sub standard products, but also they have the technology to make well up there with the best. Depending on the manufacturer and the product to be made, the budget for it, will define how good the end product/QC is.

The ano is real nice and the products i have held do feel of the higher quality. The threads are smooth, nice clean reflectors with no contamination.LED well centred, well presented in the packaging and quality instruction/info inside. If you invest in a PK product, i can safely say you are investing in a high quality tool that will get the job done, not for just today, but tomorrow and the year/s after.

Default The PK products thread

Yes, the quality is very high and as with most things made in China(which is most things!) depends on the specs they are asked to be made to. China of course make many sub standard products, but also they have the technology to make well up there with the best. Depending on the manufacturer and the product to be made, the budget for it, will define how good the end product/QC is.

The ano is real nice and the products i have held do feel of the higher quality. The threads are smooth, nice clean reflectors with no contamination.LED well centred, well presented in the packaging and quality instruction/info inside. If you invest in a PK product, i can safely say you are investing in a high quality tool that will get the job done, not for just today, but tomorrow and the year/s after.

U know my mecarmy 10180 flashlight stopped working 2 days ago it comes on low very low something like 1 lumen, I did not drop it or anything else it just stopped working am very sad and very angry I feel terrible because of it I treat my flashlights like part of me and then this happened I don't trust any thing that made in China cuz everything China made will fail at the end I hate everything about China in my country everything is made in f...g China even food so with all respect to your opinion I think I will pass this

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast