ArmyTek        
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The PK products thread

Default Re: The PK products thread

Quote Originally Posted by GODOFWAR View Post
    U know my mecarmy 10180 flashlight stopped working 2 days ago it comes on low very low something like 1 lumen, I did not drop it or anything else it just stopped working am very sad and very angry I feel terrible because of it I treat my flashlights like part of me and then this happened I don't trust any thing that made in China cuz everything China made will fail at the end I hate everything about China in my country everything is made in f...g China even food so with all respect to your opinion I think I will pass this
    Did you try a new battery?

There are a mega ton of junky products from China. Many disguised as good stuff. But they use the cheapest, flimiest parts you can get along with assemblies that are far less durable than they should be.

There are a few compabies that insist on the best materials and manufacturing processes to build in reliability. A PKDL product is one of those.

I'm all in on the Buy America thing, believe me. But when Paul Kim chose a facility in China to make his products it was not by some seat of the pants decision where profit was the first choice. Frankly, he found that where his liggts are being made was the most forward, state of the art facility on the planet, which just happened to be in China.
    John 3:16

No I didn't try new bat cuz I check it and it is fine and recharge it and it is working fine

It is semi impossible to ships li-ion batteries to my country am trying to buy just one 18650 and one on planet earth want bring it to me so..... Simply I can't buy another bat

Hey we all have opinions , all entitled to them and sorry to hear about the little 10180 light. I have the Cooyoo version and it's been solid and dependable. More drops on my keys than I can count!

But dont let a bad experience with another company cloud a decision or judgement on another product. Chances are your posting on here by something made in China , my point is there is good/bad stuff from any country.

Maybe Paul can help you change that , give him a chance

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Hey we all have opinions , all entitled to them and sorry to hear about the little 10180 light. I have the Cooyoo version and it's been solid and dependable. More drops on my keys than I can count!

But dont let a bad experience with another company cloud a decision or judgement on another product. Chances are your posting on here by something made in China , my point is there is good/bad stuff from any country.

Maybe Paul can help you change that , give him a chance
    You know I use to buy Surefire lights but they are pretty much expensive they are good quality products and I depend on them to work every time I need them

For next month or so I will buy some of Surefire's ( outdoorsman AA 115 lumens & EB 1 & EB2 & titan ) am thinking about B.O.S.S and some ZL

Are Zebralight good quality? Am thinking about the Hi and sc5 and the other one that uses 14500 and some headlamps so is it recommended

Agreed Ven.

I know of 2 instances where the buyer had an issue with their light.
    One recieved one without a gasket. PK personally made it right.
    The other was a similar to yours GoW and PK offered to operate on the OP's light to ensure no more have the issue.

A PKDL product is right up there in terms of quality with the Americans like Malkoff and Elzetta. The difference is with a PK light it is a product never done before.
    So not only do you get a top quality product, you get something those other guys can't do simply because it was just invented... by Paul Kim himself.... just like he used to do in his SureFire days.

One more thing and I'll hush.
    Something you rarely see in the want to sell section are any of PK's products. The folks who own them keep them.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 08-28-2016 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GODOFWAR View Post
    For next month or so I will buy some of Surefire's ( outdoorsman AA 115 lumens & EB 1 & EB2 & titan ) am thinking about B.O.S.S and some ZL
    I only have a handful of SF lights and love them, think the USA and the history plays a huge part in the SF experience tbh. Mine are p60 hosts though, with various drop ins.......

ZL have a strong following, UI wise, size and quality seems well up there. For a $100 investment, i would go for it if your contemplating it.

My advice would be treat yourself to a nice ZL, the xhp35 HI would be a good option, also why your in the buy mode, hit it on a PK light. If you dont like any of them, slap em on the for sale and they will be gone within 24hrs. Least that way you get the "want" and "wonder if" out of the way...............who knows, both or either could make it into your fav EDC or go to light/s

I only have a handful of SF lights and love them, think the USA and the history plays a huge part in the SF experience tbh. Mine are p60 hosts though, with various drop ins.......

ZL have a strong following, UI wise, size and quality seems well up there. For a $100 investment, i would go for it if your contemplating it.

My advice would be treat yourself to a nice ZL, the xhp35 HI would be a good option, also why your in the buy mode, hit it on a PK light. If you dont like any of them, slap em on the for sale and they will be gone within 24hrs. Least that way you get the "want" and "wonder if" out of the way...............who knows, both or either could make it into your fav EDC or go to light/s
    Will see my friend the buying fever will start after B.O.S.S reveling

Wife picked the top one.
    I like how no two are the same.
    I also liked how the bottom one looks like the back side of a compact disc.

Meanwhile the PK space saving technique on display.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 07-29-2017 at 03:34 PM.

, love it!!!

Congrats on the rainbow bling

, love it!!!

Congrats on the rainbow bling
    PK and bling in the same sentence?
    Whoda thunk it?

Last edited by bykfixer; 07-29-2017 at 03:35 PM.

I've been so wrapped up in my p60s that I haven't opened my PK yet!

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1472515664.885856.jpg

I can dig it.
    The P60 platform was (and still is) an amazing platform.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post

The current crop, minus a few FL-2's and Warrior 2's stashed in my safe.

2 rainbow PL-2's enroute.
    Nice PK collection
    How does one get one of those PK name plates ?
    WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logo’s ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

Quote Originally Posted by liteboy View Post
    I've been so wrapped up in my p60s that I haven't opened my PK yet!

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1472515664.885856.jpg
    Get on your rocket and light up the sky. Nice light liteboy

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    Nice PK collection
    How does one get one of those PK name plates ?
    Pm'd

Coming soon:

A PK products passaround. It'll be a package with each of the PKDL products.
    That way each participant can actually handle the items in person to gain a sense of what all the fuss is about.

Stand by. I'll talk more when I know more.

Ok finally cracked this one open. Very similar in size to v11rvn. My first Pk light and it is tiny! Even cute, as I understand others' description now that I've seen and held it.

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1472692461.151202.jpg

Congrats liteboy, it is cute but menacing as well................its a contradiction in the hand!

I am surprised by the output still, i am sure its 350lm or other sources show over 400lm.............either way to my eyes it appears brighter than spec. I also expected a tight beam, i was really pleasantly surprised by the nice floody output with lots of spill. So useful for edc stuff(for me anyway).

Coming soon:

That way each participant can actually handle the items in person to gain a sense of what all the fuss is about.

Coming soon:

It's on the way soon bykfixer.
    Sorry for delays.

I want one. So that means off to the store for me great lights for sure . Well made and thought out!!

Quote Originally Posted by pk View Post
    It's on the way soon bykfixer.
    Sorry for delays.
    Guess that means I gotta get off the sofa now and put this thing together.

My thinking is a typical pass around format where the must be 18 to apply, 6 months, 50 posts and all that.

But we are now in quarter 3 of 2016. Rechargeables are the norm now. So my thought here is maybe the PR-1 will go out with a NiteCore RCR and PL-2 with an Eneloop Pro since they both arrive without a battery.

Me personally I still use primaries. But passarounds ask that you forward a light with fresh batteries. In this case freshly charged?

Being PK doesn't do conventional packaging I'll do some thinking about how to best repackage items to pass on to the next person.

And in the end I'll do a raffle.

Imo it would not be fair to ask folks to replace the zip ties.
    So my thinking at this point is each item he typically ships zip-tie'd be placed in a (supplied by me) bubble wrap sack inside the box.

Like this

Right now what will be in the box is as much a mystery to me as is is anybody reading this. He calls it a ' PKDL discovery package'.

I'll post more later when there is more to tell.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 07-29-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Flashaholic*

bykfixer,
    Thanks for initiating this.This sounds like a great way for one to ascertain if these lights fit their needs. I would be interested in becoming involved. I was lucky to be able to participate in the pass around involving PK's PKFL2LE. Great light, just not for me. I would love to see the smaller lights.
    Prometheans #253

Quote Originally Posted by sgt253 View Post
    bykfixer,
    Thanks for initiating this.This sounds like a great way for one to ascertain if these lights fit their needs. I would be interested in becoming involved. I was lucky to be able to participate in the pass around involving PK's PKFL2LE. Great light, just not for me. I would love to see the smaller lights.
    Cool.

I'll start the thread this weekend so we can get the roster started.

Ya know, that FL-2 was not for a whole lot of people.
    Not trying to put you on the spot, but can you say what it was that made you say "no thanx" please?
    PK is always looking for input so hopefully the next project will be more to the customers liking.

So far the small ones seem to be doing ok. But if there are things folks don't like, such as one comment "too stabby"... that input goes into his next design.
    You may notice a sorta FL-2 look in the PR-1 without it looking so... lethal this time. lol.

Note the Z44 style is still there... slightly

And the PL-2 is it's own thing while still taking a few minor que's from the FL-2. Style wise anyway.

And truth be told, if you don't like the looks..... well you know. UI, tint etc don't mean a thing if the audience doesn't dig on the looks.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 07-29-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Passaround thread is up.

Random question of the day:

What headlamps are PKDL products users using?

PKDL does not appear to release a headlamp anytime soon, so I have to opt out for a different brand.

I just thought I would ask PKDL users before I pick one up for myself.

P.S. SF ones are out of my budget.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast