Mini Review: Lumens Factory Seraph SP-6 3-mode 3000k

stephenk

Enlightened
This is the first time I've written a mini-review on CPF, and it is of a light that has been around for a few years - the Lumens Factory Seraph SP-6. I purchased the 3-mode, 2xCR123/1x18650 version, with warm white high-CRI (90+) 3000k XP-G2 emitter. This was purchased for light painting, to contrast against cool/neutral tints from my other flashlights.

​Factory Specifications
Below is the specs from Lumens Factory website:
Model No. : Seraph SP-6, 2 Cell Modular Flashlight XP-G2, S2 LED (3 Mode)
Description :
Seraph SP-6 Modular Illumination System, 2 Cell Modular Tactical Flashlight XP-G2, S2(3 Mode)

LED 3 Mode Model with
D26-LED 3 Mode, 3.6V-13V Multi Mode Reflector Module
(5%-30%-100% with Memory Function)
(Max Output 400 Lumens)

Features:

‧ Tactical Cigar Grip Design.
‧ 18xxx Compatible, Most Popular Brands, Pila, Wolf-eyes, AW Li-Ion Batteries
‧ Compatible with Surefire P and C Series.
‧ Able to use Surefire P and C Series Accessories.
‧ Forward Clickie with Orange Boot
‧ High Current Tolerance Forward Clickie.
- Can Stand Most of Our Incan Lineup. (except for IMR series), No Double Clicking
‧ Tailcap compatible with McClicky Z41 upgrade kits
‧ Able to Tail Stand.
‧ Lanyard Holes (Lanyard Included)
‧ Para-cord Hole
‧ 2 Stainless Steel Bezel Rings Included (Scalloped and Flat)
‧ Double O-Ring at Tailcap for Extra Protection
‧ Optical Coated UCL Tempered Glass Lens
‧ Spare Clear UCL Tempered Glass Lens
‧ Extra O-Ring Set
‧ 2 set of Grip Rings (Orange and GITD Yellow)
‧ Fully Upgradeable

Optional Accessories and Upgrade Parts:

‧ 1-Cell Extender (18xxx compatible, cigar grip, Surefire Compatible)
‧ 1.5-Cell Extender (18xxx compatible, cigar grip, Surefire Compatible)
‧ Surefire M Series Adaptor (Surefire C and P Series Compatible)
‧ D36 Head, 2 Stainless Steel Bezel Rings (Surefire C and P Series Compatible)

Runtime:

1 x AW17670 (1600mAh):
High: ~1 hour, Medium: ~3 hours, Low: ~20 hours

1 x AW18650 (2900mAh):
High: ~2 hours, Medium: ~6 Hours, Low: ~40 hours

2 x CR123a Primaries:

2 x AW RCR123 (750mAh):

Unboxing
The light comes in a foam lined box containing the flashlight with D26/P60 module, twisty tail switch (forward clicky is installed), second flat bezel (scalloped bezel is installed), 2 sets of spare grip rings, spare O-rings, and a lanyard. Lots of freebies! There is also an information sheet, but sadly no instructions including battery orientation which I personally think is a must.
Seraph-1 by stephenk1977, on Flickr
Seraph-2 by stephenk1977, on Flickr
The Seraph SP-6 is beautifully designed with nice curves!
Seraph-7 by stephenk1977, on Flickr
Due to new shipping regulations, no batteries could be supplied by airmail. I purchased an Olight 3200mAh 18650 battery locally in Australia which fits fine. There are springs at both ends of the battery compartment. Threads are well lubed.

Beam
As is usual for D26/P60 modules, the beam has a small hotspot, and the orange peel reflector allows for a smooth periphery field with hard edge (below). Note: white balance is auto in this photo, tint is not identical to reality.
Seraph-4 by stephenk1977, on Flickr
Seraph-5 by stephenk1977, on Flickr
For light painting purposes I added D-C-Fix to the inside of the lens, allowing for a wider hotspot, and a more diffused edge. This roughly matches the beam on my LED Lenser P7QC (expect minus the P7QC's elliptical beam)- result! Note: white balance is auto in this photo, however tints are reasonably accurate to reality.
Seraph-8 by stephenk1977, on Flickr
The regulated output beam is nice and warm (very incan like), with vivid colour rendition.
Seraph-6 by stephenk1977, on Flickr
Run times and lumen output were not measured, though as far as I am aware the official brightness at 100% is approx. 350 lumens. In terms of visual brightness I personally find the brightness at 100% to be similar to a cool white beam with 200-250 lumens. Claimed runtime at 100% is approx. 2 hours using an AW 2900mAh 18650.

User Interface
The installed forward clicky tail switch works in L(5%)-M(30%)-H(100%) order with memory. Initially I experienced flickering, though this now appears to be resolved by tightening the thread as much as possible. This switch has a 2A limit.

There is also an alternative high amp momentary twisty switch. This twists to turn on and off, and the button switches between modes.
The light can tail stand with both switches, and the lanyard can be attached to both.

There is a choice of smooth bezel, and "tactical" scalloped bezel. I didn't get the chance to test out the tactical bezel on any naughty people.

Conclusion
I bought this light for US$35, and at this price it is extremely good value for money. It is well built, simple to use, and comes with many accessories. Lumens Factory customer service was efficient when I had a few questions. It is great that Lumens Factory offer a pre-assembled (host/module) warm white flashlight, something which is rarity at the moment due to the increased popularity of neutral high-CRI tints over warm high-CRI tints. The beam may not be to everyones taste, but this can be easily modified with D-C-Fix. The flashlight was shipped by airmail from Hong Kong for US$8 and took around a week to arrive in Australia. The only negative is that for first time D26/P60 system users such as myself, instructions including battery orientation should be supplied. Overall, I am very happy with this light and would recommend it to anyone else looking for a warm white high-CRI 3000k flashlight.

Last edited:

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review; thanks for doing it!

As an aside, I emailed Lumens Factory months ago asking a few questions and I never got any response at all.

stephenk

Enlightened
A few bits of light painting using the Seraph SP-6 with XPG2 high-CRI/warm white module.

Seraph SP-6 providing the warm light and LED Lenser P7QC providing the cooler light. The Seraph in reality has a slight hint of rose tint as well as the prominent orange tint (the former of which which this photo doesn't show too well).
Warm & Cool by stephenk1977, on Flickr

Haystack illuminated with the Seraph SP-6. The starbursts are from a LED Lenser P7QC, P7.2 and CooYoo Quantum SS.
Aliens in a Haystack by stephenk1977, on Flickr

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Dawg gonnit I wish I had not clicked on this thread.

Looks like a heck-uva nice flash light. And I love that color beam.

Good explanation about the light that has a unique look without appearing odd at all.... kinda classic instead without appearing dated. Buck Rogers would approve.
Tailstanding twisty? Oh my stars.....
Well done Seraph!

Pics in post #7 are why I wish I'd not read this thread...all my other lights could end up as dust collectors or drawer fillers...

Last edited: