Anybody see this car yet?

StevieRay

Enlightened
Chrysler ME 4-12

0 - 60 2.9 seconds

Top Speed of 248 m.p.h.
fighting13.gif

http://www.chrysler.com/autoshow/news/2004_01_05_chrysler_me_four_twelve_19536.html?context=homepage&type=bottomImage

6pOriginal

Enlightened
Interesting...reminds me of the VW W12 supercar concept...hope it will go into production (which I highly doubt), finally something to challenge the mighty McLaren F1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is freaking sweet. It probably will never see production due to the cost to build. And at the end of the day it is still a Chrysler...would probably be hard for that name to command a $300K price tag.

StevieRay

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cue003 said:
That is freaking sweet. It probably will never see production due to the cost to build. And at the end of the day it is still a Chrysler...would probably be hard for that name to command a $300K price tag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but it has the "Mercedes Influence"

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
ehh.
not my cup of tea.
to me it looks too redundant and similar to other models and makes, but my eyes aren't trained to pick up the originalities in some concept vehicles..

sloegin

Newly Enlightened
It looks like the Bugatti Veyron 16/4. Which if you take their specs at face value, smokes the McLaren.

iddibhai

Enlightened
the mac is an out and out sports car that you can drive daily due to good interior layout. the others are leather laden, goodie stuffed wannabe's--tha's how i see it. the veyron, the vw, the mb/mac slr, aston, bentley, etc.

StevieRay

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cue003 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Per the article,

"And, as such, it's not really a concept car but is, in fact, a prototype that will be road-ready by summer."

I don't think that it will be $300k where did you get that number?

IMO I will bet you that it is introduced for less than 100K. Of course, with limited production, the price will run up to whatever the market will bear, as it always does when the "supply and demand theory" is applied.

Also look at this, some cool slides web page

LukeK

Enlightened
Very impressive for a stock machine and a darn good looking car if you ask me. Impressive that Chrysler even built a concept heh. The McLaren used to be the fastest stock car around, but that changed a while back. Viper and Vette upgrades have long whooped the McLaren, though some might call that cheating hehe.