E2e VS Ford F250 4X4

skillet

Enlightened
Phone rings yesterday afternoon, "Dad, will Surefire replace a flashlight body?"

I got this sinking feeling down on the inside.. He told me the tale of tragedy and I told him they probably would not. I gave customer service a ring yesterday afternoon and the RMA was in the inbox before we got off the phone!!

My son was putting a new bearing/hub assembly in his Ford pickup and dropped the assembly.. Fortunately his old faithful friend broke its fall.

Light still functions but I need to get that 17670 battery out before I send it to Surefire.. (suggestions?)

This is the result:

BarryG

Enlightened
OUCH!!!! At least it wasn't his leg under there!
Cheers to Surefire for helping. The only idea on the battery removal I have is to drive it out with a dowel rod. Good luck and glad there were no other injuries!

Barry

jdboy

Enlightened
Question being, does the cell "HAVE" to be removed? If the answer is no then leave it be and send it in with the body for disposal. I would worry about possibly shorting the cell while trying to remove it causing a possible vent situation.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree nfetterly, what a shame to lose such a well used SF! Talk about a light with character, and a story!

skillet

Enlightened
I guess I could keep the body..

This is body 3 or 4 for him. He uses his lights... His first light was burned in a fire and the KL1 was destroyed, he broke an E2DL bezel(Surefire replaced it) and now I upgraded to the Malkoff EDC bezel.. It has served him well until this...

One was burned in a fire(still have that one and use the body)
Another was drug down the road when it slipped out of his pocket on a lanyard and hung down to the ground when the door was shut(still use the body, T/C was toast)
And another was stressed bent so bad at the bezel end, the bezel was at an angle...

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yikes! Heat it up and bend it back. Then its a nice user!

Or post on For Sale area, SF E2E, User, nicks and dings and snails in HAIII. Pics upon request. $300 obo

What ya think??