Make a suggestion to this desire: Micro USB charge, 2-3x 18650, simple UI, Thanks...

cdherman

Newly Enlightened
My father cannot be bothered with a lot of gadgetry. He still buys 6V lantern batteries for some of his old reliable lights. Rancher...

But he was impressed with a couple of my LED lights and is willing to take the plunge, but desires a light he can plug in directly in some manner. Cannot be relied upon to swap batteries or carry spare batteries. He has a cell with micro USB port, so that would be a logical choice.

I have explored Nitecore offerings, as I have been pleased with their products in the past. But in a 2x18650 offering, they seem to have zero built in charging capacities. They seem to have some 1x18650 USB offerings, but none with 2x or 3x, and the 4x offerings do not have USB chargers either. And he does not need 4k lumens.....

Anyone know where to look next? Price is not exactly the issue. I would like to get him something that convinces him to stop burning up alkaline batteries and throwing them away. Simple user interface is a large plus....

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
OLight SR52 in either standard or XP-L HI version. Its 3x18650, is micro USB rechargeable, has above average build quality, above average electronics, above average run time and comes with a belt sheath. Been collecting lights for 20 years and the SR52 is one of the best high output LED light purchases I have ever made. SR52 tested out above manufacturer specs across the light forums. SR52 puts out one big bad beam it is veeeery wide in diameter and is artifact free. Here on CPF SR52 standard punches out a very impressive 102k CD which is waaaaaaay above manufacturer spec. XP-L HI version throws twice as far. Cannot go wrong with either version.

cdherman

Newly Enlightened
I appreciate the reply from Celtic Cross. researched the light and like it a lot. I have another Olight and have found it useful. The SR52 is not cheap though. Any suggestions that beat the SR52 prices of around $120......????

cdherman

Newly Enlightened
Well, after days of reading, I first bought a Nitecore MH10. It has only one 18650, less throw than I desired, but the requisite mini-USB charging port. I was very impressed.

So impressed that I decided the SR52 might be REALLY impressive and chunked out the change for that one too. It is still in transit.

These things are addictive. I bet the average age of this forum is like 40 plus. You can only be amazed by these lights if you lived in an era before Maglites and zenon bulbs (remember 6v lantern batteries??).....

Anyhow.. Any other USB charge lites that someone would like to recommend???? That is the primary requisite. And I can see the logic to my father's request. He uses phones that have micro USB chargers. Whole family does. So the chargers are laying around by the handful. Why hassle with removing batteries to use separate chargers....

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
on GoingGear.com you can use the coupon code PM101 for 10 percent off the total. As for more USB rechargeable lights most are single cell lights such as the UC35 and most of what Nitecore is putting out now is USB rechargeable...