FENIX TK41C

FireWire

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

We were talking to Fenix about a 8AA flashlight. They said the following:
"We will have a new 8AA new model TK41C soon, but it has not been released.".

So here is your heads up, in case you were wondering about any updates to the Fenix TK41.

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
C? Hmm... is that the multi-color emitter? If so that's cool, but I would rather see a whole new emitter go into the TK41 body like an XHP50.

kj2

Flashaholic
AA version of the LD75C?? Have that light, the color leds are fun, but they're the least used part on that light.

Last edited:

FireWire

Newly Enlightened
I tried asking for more info, another rep just said, keep checking the fenixlight.com website. Well it would have been nice to give a expected month of release, I think.

FireWire

Newly Enlightened
There's a AA version of the TK75C? Could you kindly link me please?

i want a built in battery carrier like the EA81. Plus bigger holes so higher capacity AAs can be dropped in without getting stuck.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic

i want a built in battery carrier like the EA81. Plus bigger holes so higher capacity AAs can be dropped in without getting stuck.

I've the 75C. Sounds like the 41C will be the AA equivalent of the 75C.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think he means the LD75C not TK75C, which to my understanding doesn't exist.

I can't imagine how long a 4200 lumen, 5 emitter light would run on AA batteries before either tripping a protection circuit or just one big flash and throw it away.

I find one of the most useful parts of the LD75C is the green light. At night time, the green is easy to see and doesn't effect my night vision. One button push and 4200 lumens of white light are there.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix Outfitters mentioned this in the TK61 update thread the other day. I'm curious as to what it will be. I would think XPL HI with RGB of some sort. They also sad in the thread there would be a 2016 TK32. I for am anxious to see what both lights are.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
a 2016 TK32? oh HELL yeah!! TK32 is one of my all time favorites. I would imagine these lights will be on sale in the next 30 days

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the 8xAA format!

I'll be keeping an eye out for this one; I hope the main emitter is not CW...

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
XPL HI neutral tint would be great. Maybe an XHP35 HI neutral tint for more output and still have good throw. As far as current AA thrower I think the Eagletac SX30A6-D is the top dog but it seems to have some design flaws with the diffuser.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well Nitecore did just release that XHP50 8aa light, right? I wonder if this is going to compete with that. I'd love to see one of the bigger emitters go into a TK41 body. I've always been a Fenix fanboy so I probably would want to get a new 8aa Fenix light over a similar Nitecore light.

FireWire

Newly Enlightened
Is there much difference between the XHP50 and XHP70 (Someone said the 70 existed, does it?? Haha)

Fenix -should- put in a 8AA built in battery carrier like in the nitecore ea81. Helps when refilling flashlights in total darkness. Less things falling off the lap/bench.

300 lumens eg 10 hours
600 lumens
1200 lumens
2400 lumens eg 10 hours haha

good spacing with good run times.

Last edited:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is from the 2016 catalog. I really feel like they didn't accomplish anything, the throw is actually less than the previous model and output is the same

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing that, Tac Gunner; I've been super excited to see that sort of information about it since the thread started (I don't like waiting, ha ha ha) and this has slaked my curiousity.

Yes, this does not look like...anything. Now I am very curious as to how they came to the conclusion that that would be the way to follow up the TK41. I'm not making fun of them, but who decided (and why), "Let's take the TK41, add red and blue flashers, and...well, that'll be cool enough! Right?" ...or something?

All that being said, I will totally buy this if the main emitter is neutral! I wouldn't buy it for $15 if it's cold white, though - which I'll be very surprised if it isn't.

So...disappointed.

But at least they're keeping the 8xAA alive.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
So...disappointed.

But at least they're keeping the 8xAA alive.

Fenix appears to be going backward. First an "upgrade" to the TK75. It's brighter, but doesn't throw as far?

Now the TK41 which is a great light gets a four color LED added, doesn't throw as far and I'm supposed to part with $140 estimated for this light?

I don't think so.

Fenix better up their gamesmanship soon, or Nitecore is going to eat their lunch.