Nitecore EA81 auto off or demo mode?

Banx

Newly Enlightened
I was showing my wife how to check the voltage and access the different modes of my new EA81, and somehow now it is in what appears to be a demo or battery saving mode of some kind. Other than the lowest brightness level, it will turn itself off after one minute. If I cycle the brightness levels before the minute is up, it will remain on for another minute from the selection of the last brightness level I changed it to. Also, after it has turned itself off, it takes 2 presses on the power button to get it to turn back on rather than the normal one press. Please how do I get it back out of this mode so the light will stay on and not turn itself off?

el soluna

Newly Enlightened
First check if all 8 of your batteries are in good power condition. With several low power level cells inside it could possibly be hard to respond to your controls.

Banx

Newly Enlightened
I thought of my batteries as well. I charged up my set of Eneloop's, using a Powerex 9000 charger, and have also tried 8 brand new Duracell Alkaline's. Both the rechargeable and Alkaline' gave the same result.