Modded Arc 750ma??

dtsoll

Enlightened
I've got an Arc LSH modded with a luxIII running at 750ma. I want to do a runtime with a new 123 but am somewhat afraid of cooking it. Realistic fear or should I do it? Any info would be appreciated, I'm waiting for the ok. I would really hate to lose this gem! Thanks for your time. Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I've got one from TheFire and he said i should get a little more than an hour of full brightness with one 123. I'm assuming he has done a continuous burn to test it....but i'm only assuming.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably would be fine, but I would recommend holding it in your hand to help sink the heat.

Peter

dtsoll

Enlightened
I ran a fan on it and got 50 minutes at full brightness followed by 30 minutes of very useful light. I stopped it after that although the battery wasn't completely done! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
dtsoll,

Nice to know that the light can last at least 50 minutes. What kind of battery did you use?

I've noticed that a LuxIII driven at 750mah is about 1/3 (close to 1/2) as bright as my Surefire L4. That is saying alot about a single die LED! I was really suprised by this little light.

The Frean optic throws the light really far. At about 75-80 yards, the LuxIII is about the same brightness as the Surefire L4, but the LuxIII w/Frean can throw light even further out than the L4. There is a canyon about a block away and it is about 300 yards wide, and on the other side is another row of houses. My moded Arc can very faintly illuminate the houses on the other side. The Surefire L4 can't do that, the light simply cannot be thrown as far with its reflector. I wonder how a modded KL4 or even the Arc4+ would be like.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Laurence,
I used a new surefire 123. It really is a very nice light. Right now it's moved into my EDC. Thanks for the info about the throw vs. L4. I was, for some reason, reluctant to buy a mod. I guess I didn't know what the light would look like. I was visualizing a cobbled up mess. Boy, was I wrong. Paul does tremendous work. Cosmetically perfect!! I am very, very happy with this light. As soon as I save some bucks, I'm having another one done. Would the Lux III work with a NX05 optic? If so, I may have one done for the sidespill appeal!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif