Nitecore MH27 Strobe

Bohunk

Newly Enlightened
I was trying out my Nitecore MH27 and I noticed that the Strobe mode was saved in last mode used. With the MH27 in Strobe mode I turned it off and then on again and it was in Strobe mode. From reading many posts it seemed like easy access to Strobe mode was important. On the MH27 it seems to be! :grin2:

el soluna

Newly Enlightened
It's called memory effect :grin2: when you turn MH27 off it memorizes its brightness level or mode (except sos and beacon) and starts with the memorized level/mode when you turn it on again. Quite a function for outdoor and tactical uses!

kj75

Enlightened
I was trying out my Nitecore MH27 and I noticed that the Strobe mode was saved in last mode used. With the MH27 in Strobe mode I turned it off and then on again and it was in Strobe mode. From reading many posts it seemed like easy access to Strobe mode was important. On the MH27 it seems to be! :grin2:

Yes, you're right, it does.
But only strobe (from the three special white modes) is memorized. Mostly, this feature can be found on tactical lights.

Javora

Enlightened
How do you like this light? Do the side buttons work well? Have you tried charging a battery in it?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
MH27 is a good light. Had mine since it came out it throws very well and output claims seem spot on. Yes it will memorize strobe. Its like an HI SRT7 without the Smart Ring. Hope Selfbuilt does a review on it

MH27 also stores blue and red stobe in memory.

Last edited:

indigon

Enlightened
This MH27 light is really growing on me.. :thumbsup:
Just wanted to thank everyone on CPF for the great reviews on this one!

Beam appears slightly brighter and better fill than my P12GT (same Cree XP-L HI V3 LED)
The [-][+] "mode" buttons are raised more and have a good tactile click.
(If you line-up the clip toward them they are easier to find by feel at night).
The USB port cover is better recessed than my MH12, no problems with it.

Small learning curve with the mode buttons, but had it down in minutes.
I like the red light at night! Always default on to it. Quick access to turbo white or red,
(or just gradually [+] up to desired white brightness... )
Memory recalls last mode, (except for S.O.S. and Beacon) mode.

A nice feature is to hold-down both [-][+] and hit power tail-switch on, and the flashing-blue volt-meter
comes on, and then afterwards the [-][+] will dim-flash blue about every 3 sec in flashlight/button-locator mode.
(A quick click on tail-switch will kill the flashlight/button-locator mode).

While light is on, click both [-][+] together to enter white strobe, [-] or [+] scroll modes, [-][+] together = strobe off.
The red strobe is handy, but the cop-car red-blue strobe is unusual, would avoid using it, you could get ticketed.
Red, Blue & combo Red-Blue strobes, No Green strobe? St Patty's day? meh. No Red-Green Xmas strobe?
-Well hidden modes though, no sweat..

USB charges my protected 18650 3400mAh from 3.6v - 4.2v in about 6 hours on my micro-usb phone charger.

2CSutXw.jpg

Last edited:

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
I love lights that have a memory function. My Nitecore EC4 has the same memory function, it remembers the last mode that it was on. I like this feature because I like to leave it on moonlight mode when I turn it off. So that way when I turn it back on, it doesn't enter turbo mode causing me to be blinded by the light. Have you noticed how some lights have a super fast strobe while other's have a slower strobe effect? I personally think the faster the strobe flashes, the more disorienting it is against an assailant trying to attack you. I just wish the EC4 had a tactical strike bezel lol.

1jono

Newly Enlightened
I love lights that have a memory function. My Nitecore EC4 has the same memory function, it remembers the last mode that it was on. I like this feature because I like to leave it on moonlight mode when I turn it off. So that way when I turn it back on, it doesn't enter turbo mode causing me to be blinded by the light. Have you noticed how some lights have a super fast strobe while other's have a slower strobe effect? I personally think the faster the strobe flashes, the more disorienting it is against an assailant trying to attack you. I just wish the EC4 had a tactical strike bezel lol.

Tactical strike bezel for EC4!

http://www.batteryjunction.com/nitecore-tactical-bezel.html

Bit extreme I know but tactical non the less!

I really like the bezel on my MH27 as its less aggressive than the one above.Would love to be able to buy the MH27 bezel for my SRT7 and EC4S.
Anyone know if its available to buy anywhere?
Going to email Nitecore and ask.

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
WOW, that is aggressive, like beep beep back the truck up your about to get bonged in the grill kind of aggressive. Ya, I'd prefer my tactical bezel to not be so deep, but thanks for the link anyways cause I might just get it. 16 dollars a tad steep for a tiny piece of metal, if I could find it on Ebay for like 5, it be a steel, no pun intended. :D