Ever have trouble finding something new to buy?

wjv

Enlightened
Ever have trouble finding something new to buy?

I received $150 in Amazon gift cards for Christmas, so I started looking at getting a new flashlight. .

Looked at the Olight S2, but comparing specs it's not much different than my Fenix PD32UE, except with some added run time.

Looked at the Nitecore P36, but comparing specs it's not much different than my Fenix LD50, except with some additional modes.

Then I though. . How about a pocket thrower (1x18650 or 2x18650). My current best thrower is a TK51 (425 meters, 45,200 CD).

Looked at the new ArmyTeks, but there are a lot of people complaining that the newer versions have bad beams and don't put out the claimed lumens/CD.

Looked at the Olight M2X-UT Javelot, but the run time on turbo is pretty poor.

Looked at the Nitecore Mh40Gt, nice run times and beam, but it uses the H -> M -> L mode sequence and has the disco modes in line with the main modes. So you have to go through the disco modes every time you want to cycle through the modes.

Oh well. . . Guess I'll keep looking.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
NOPE lol... my trouble is not having the funds for said purchases :)

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Enlightened
I'm in the minority, but yeah I wouldn't know what to buy with 150$ worth of Amazon flashlight credit. I'm in approximately the same boat with ~150$ in my PP account. I keep coming to the same conclusion - that between my SWM V11R, my SC600 Mkii L2, and my Inova XS I have no need for any other lights. At this time.

1DaveN

Enlightened
I got a $150 Christmas gift too. I sort of feel like I've got enough lights for all my needs (although that could change at any given time), so I started looking for a new pocket knife. Now I've got my eye on one of the new 2016 Benchmade models, and hoping it ships around Shot Show later this month.

I'm happy to be able to use this gift for something that I will have with me most of the time, and that I'll use often, so it'll be a lifelong reminder of the person who gave it to me.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
...so I started looking for a new pocket knife..

This is a great thought.

For those who don't know what light they "need", do consider other EDC gear; I bought a Leatherman Wave in an effort to be more prepared and I can't recommend it highly enough!

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
Yeah, my amazon list is over 4 pages long for edc / gear...
multitools, knives, watches, a lifetime supply of glowsticks, torch lighters, flashlights, headlamps, edc bags.
If I ever do run out of things to buy I am spending way too much money.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
I got a $150 Christmas gift too. I sort of feel like I've got enough lights for all my needs (although that could change at any given time), so I started looking for a new pocket knife. Now I've got my eye on one of the new 2016 Benchmade models, and hoping it ships around Shot Show later this month.

I'm happy to be able to use this gift for something that I will have with me most of the time, and that I'll use often, so it'll be a lifelong reminder of the person who gave it to me.

Which model are you eyeing Dave - one of the new Griptilian variants?

1DaveN

Enlightened
Which model are you eyeing Dave - one of the new Griptilian variants?

I'm looking at the 698 Foray, which seems to be a great looking knife based on the photos I've seen. I've been looking for a smaller Benchmade for a while now, and I keep deciding on one, only to end up finding an objection. Some are too big. I didn't want assisted opening, and I didn't want aluminum for fear the anodizing would quickly get damaged by other stuff in my pocket. I have been looking at Griptillians as well, and might end up with one of those for my 2nd knife (or, if the 698 gets bad reviews).

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive got 24 Benchmades thus I have zero excuse for another but just bought the new G10 Grip anyways. As for lights Ive got the new 2016 PD32 on its way to me already and have money put aside for the 2016 TK32 that comes out in March. So nope never have an issue with finding something to buy if anything I should get a good Maxpedition bag to carry my EDC kit and other gear. The Foray just doesnt do anything for me whereas my incoming full size G10 Grip should be thinner in the middle and easier to pocket.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
I'm looking at the 698 Foray, which seems to be a great looking knife based on the photos I've seen. I've been looking for a smaller Benchmade for a while now, and I keep deciding on one, only to end up finding an objection. Some are too big. I didn't want assisted opening, and I didn't want aluminum for fear the anodizing would quickly get damaged by other stuff in my pocket. I have been looking at Griptillians as well, and might end up with one of those for my 2nd knife (or, if the 698 gets bad reviews).

I have a Mini-Griptilian, the Cabella's D2 edition, black handle and black DLC blade. I do like the form factor and overall design of the knife - it has a good feel to it. I have smallish hands I would say - but I also added some paracord to the handle and it adds some extra firmness to my grip on the knife where it connects at the end of the handle and meets with the bottom of my palm...

I do really like the look of those new Griptilians with the G10 scales and the blueliners... If I didn't already own a variant of this knife I would definitely be interested in one of those...

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Ive got 24 Benchmades thus I have zero excuse for another but just bought the new G10 Grip anyways. As for lights Ive got the new 2016 PD32 on its way to me already and have money put aside for the 2016 TK32 that comes out in March. So nope never have an issue with finding something to buy if anything I should get a good Maxpedition bag to carry my EDC kit and other gear. The Foray just doesnt do anything for me whereas my incoming full size G10 Grip should be thinner in the middle and easier to pocket.

Would love to see some photos of your PD32 (when you get it) alongside the new G10 Griptilian. : D

Jose Marin

Enlightened
You said m2x ut but how bout m3x ut? I wouldnt call m2x or m3x a pocket thrower but the m3x ut is a pretty bad *** factory thrower. It's a 2x 18650. Adding to edc gear i recommend leatherman surge, a bit hefty but very versatile.

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the M3XS-UT it is the new benchmark factory thrower. Comes with an excellent belt sheath. The beam out of it is astonishing.

Brett H

Newly Enlightened
Yep, I have the same issue right now. I have some money and can't come up with something to buy! The other issue is that I would like to find a desirable collectible light such as a LiteFlux LF2XT, but there is never one for sale!

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
RIGHT NOW! I remind myself of that tv commercial 7-10 yrs ago or so. When the guy was sitting at the computer at home with his wife in the background. And he said something like he's done with surfing the WHOLE internet. I feel all caught up. Not a single light out there that I want/need. Strange; let's see how long this condition lasts...