Nitecore MT10A Switch, Beam & Tint

holygeez03

Enlightened
Does anyone know specifically how the "tactical momentary" works? Does it always come on at the last level used? Meaning if I have it set on Turbo, the momentary will always activate Turbo?

What is the beam profile, compared to other popular lights like the SC63w? Can someone point me to beam throw (lux) stats?

What is the tint like? Does someone have a beamshot that accurately represents what the eye sees (close anyway)?... I only buy neutral/warm emitter, but for this particular application, I might be able to overlook the tint... although this video makes it seem rather neutral, but it is probably just a camera white balance trick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvgs1Vn6Zr4&feature=youtu.be

holygeez03

Enlightened
Also... I may look into having it modded with a neutral emitter... has anyone ever done this?

What is the approximate current draw on Turbo and what would that create for a theoretical output with an XP-G2 (if possible)?

Thanks all.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know specifically how the "tactical momentary" works? Does it always come on at the last level used? Meaning if I have it set on Turbo, the momentary will always activate Turbo?
It's a forward clicky switch which means that the light will turn on before the switch is clicked all the way on. That is the momentary feature. It does have memory and the light will always come back on in the last used mode. With the on/off switch on.......if you press and hold the "up" button it jumps to turbo regargless of the mode its in. And if you press and hold the "dn" button it jumps to the lowest mode (red). Otherwise single presses of the up and dn button incrementally move the output up or down.

What is the beam profile, compared to other popular lights like the SC63w? Can someone point me to beam throw (lux) stats?
LED is an XM-L2. It doesn't have a lot of throw but it's not necessarily floody. It's very similar to my Fenix PD22UE.

What is the tint like? Does someone have a beamshot that accurately represents what the eye sees (close anyway)?... I only buy neutral/warm emitter, but for this particular application, I might be able to overlook the tint... although this video makes it seem rather neutral, but it is probably just a camera white balance trick?
Tint is not neutral but is cool white. However its not excessive cool and is nice and white without green or blue. It's like most other good quality cool white lights. Tint is pretty much like my Nitecore SRT-6, or Fenix PD22UE or Fenix PD35. They're all about the same to me.

Last edited:

holygeez03

Enlightened
Does the momentary have any delay when pressed versus when the light is activated?

creegeek

Newly Enlightened
Mine is instant (to my eyes) for tactical. It has memory.

The MT10A can run on a Lithium IMR battery for monster brightness.