S1 Baton will not turn off moonlight mode.

t76turbo

Newly Enlightened
I got a regular S1 and a polished titanium S1 as edc lights.

When I first got the regular S1 I thought I noticed it on moonlight output when it was sitting on a counter but discounted it that maybe I left it on by accident.

The light had a primary battery in it and the other day it was completely dead with very little usage (as if it had been left on again). So I put a rechargeable in. I was using it today and low and behold it will not turn off. It looks like it stays on in moonlight mode. You can cycle through the outputs then click off and it just goes back to moonlight.

I can unscrew the cap and of course it goes off.

Anyone one have any ideas?

t76turbo

Newly Enlightened
Just to add to this. It wouldn't shut off so I unscrewed the cap a few turns. I just tightened it and was off.

So so I cycled through the outputs again making sure not to go into the timer mode. Turned it off which it did go off. As I sat there about 30 seconds later it turned back on into moonlight mode without me even touching it. Now it will not go off again.

fordcappy

Enlightened
Just got a rose gold for Christmas and it had the same issue. I exchanged it for a new one. Customer support suggested that option as opposed to a repair as it would take less time. These are cool lights but my new ones will not keep memory mode and the baton accessory will not fit on the going gear edition.

UnderPar

Enlightened
Sorry to hear that issue you have in your S1. I strongly suggest you get in touch with Olight CS.

Olightworld

Enlightened
Hello,

Have you already gotten in contact with us? We will replace the light because of this issue. Thank you.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my S1 Baton (black) yesterday and was going through the modes. Then it got dark and I was using it again and noticed that there was a glow (not moonlight mode) when I turned the head toward my eyes. It even showed a ring of faint light on a flat surface when almost touching. When I started unscrewing the back, the low low light went out. I tested my fresh, new surefire CR123A and it was still 100 percent (ZTS mini). I stowed it with the back screwed all the way in and the low low light still on.

This morning, the low low light was not on, and the battery is now 60 percent. Something is not right.