PK Warrior 2 by Powertac: holy cow!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I saw some folks in the pass around sections discussing Powertac's offerings called PK Warrier 1 and 2. The one is a 450 lumen single cell and the 2 is...you guessed it, 2 cells.
Mine came with 2 Powertac branded primaries.

^^ the light

^^ the specs
250 of these show-nuf weapon lights were made so get one before they're gone. About $120+s&h from Powertac.

Opening the box revealed a wrap of foam. Then a nice looking satin finished light that was not locked out. It started on setting 3 first time out.

I went through the low, 2(288 lumens), 3(618) then 4 (1000) and the strobe.
Can't say how disorienting the strobe is as it is more like pulses of light that seems to cycle fire fly to high vs a total on off. It didn't use it in darkness yet.

Setting 1 is firefly(5 lumens)...it's a bright for firefly but great 2am nature call light. I used it after lights were turned out and it's not a sure enough firefly in darkness. It worked well in navigating through the house but the spot was bright enough where I could warn an attacker with it. It was like a room lighter on gentle cycle.

I'll leave it on setting 2 mostly. The switch has memory. The 288 lumens provides a bright enough output to blind a bad guy indoors in a typical room.

Setting 3 (618 lumens) would be plenty to blind a bad guy in say a 50x50 work shop or on a partially lit street. Way more light than is needed for typical everyday use. Yet according to the specs only provides a tenth of an hour more life than setting 4.

Setting 4 is the holy cow setting. At stated 1000 lumens it provides a turbo setting for the already plenty of output setting 3 and seemingly doubles the throw..not really, but dimly lit objects at 1000' are suddenly well lit.

I found myself searching for the side switch, which took a few seconds but wasn't difficult to feel in darkness. It's at a right angle from the pocket clip, but I removed that.
Instead I put on a lanyard in the pre-drilled hole, so now I know the switch is 180° from that. I used a lanyard to prevent dropping this thing on my foot.
If I used this light daily I'd quickly become accustomed to the side switch and find it way more convenient than cycling all the way through the 5 total with the tail cap. And the memory is certainly a boon.

Note: The side switch is from earlier Warriors (read non PK versions).

The bezel is removable to allow a normal look and Powertac has a kinder/gentler tail cap for $20 with a bigger mushier switch. I don't have any issues activating the switch after becoming familiar with a mid stiffness Microstream switch.

Tail cap locks out with around a 1/4 turn. And it tailstands very well. The switch feels like a Malkoff or mag lite/streamlight side switch stiffness with a more stiff covering. Nice n easy to turn on without feeling mushy. I'd say even though it's recessed the star shape of the skull cracker cenallations provide plenty of gap to turn it on wearing gloves. Cycling..not so easy but I'll try it out and see. BRB

^^ worked fine wearing these insulated gloves. Sideswitch too.

I removed the supplied pocket clip and lockdown ring. Speaking of lockout ring...it screws down the pocket clip to a flat spot that prevents it from rotating and allows the half circle to stay put.
Nice!
I kept the clip fastener off as my hand prefers the feel when fisted without that extra ring protruding.

^^ I really dig the cartridge!
Yep no rattle when using primaries. But space for larger cells.
Another sleeve inside moves about but I'll be darned if I could figure out how to remove it. I may call Powertac if I ever get the notion to use an 18650 as the specs say it can...but not with that sleeve still in. Probably simple once you know how.

^^ the parts.
Bezel is removable as well. Sprung at both ends of the battery cartridge.

^^ tail cap/switch
Note the lanyard hole. Nice.

^^ the bezel is seriously tactical.
The reflector is mirror smooth and the deepest as I've ever seen in this sized head.

^^ compared to other lights.

In use it feels like a normal flashlight with a wee bit more length on each end. It's probably a pocket shredder, which is not unusual for a weapon light with the PK logo. Yet the extra length means the protective device ends protrude without interfering with normal flashlight use.
Extra length also makes the weaponized portions protrude while wearing warm gloves.

This light aint no joke. And imo the beam is just as awsome as the body.

^^ the house in the distance is about 1000' away.

I did throw pics in 2 ,3 and 4 on my neighbors garage 500' away (give or take a pace or two).

^^ unlit garage at 500'

^^ setting 2

^^ setting 3

^^ setting 4

The wall: I only did setting 2 because the others are so ridiculously bright at 8' away...
Well I did fire fly too.

^^ setting 1

^^ setting 2

Spot vs spill: Only setting 2 used

^^ plenty of both at sub 300 lumens

It's a pleasure to own such a finely engineered, well made flashlight with a 1000 lumen emitter rated to last 2.5 hours on primaries.
Being a family friendly site I won't quote what others initial adjectives were when showing this liight.

Being there are only 250 of these lights I'll say the non PK Warrior is very similar and would also be a fine light to add to your arsenal of weapon grade lights.

Last edited:

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting lights.
Thanks for posting this.
It looks like it has plenty of throw and a 2.5 hr runtime? Nice.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ thanks
It's a monster for such a little light.

Without the clip holding ring it allows this user to grab it more comfortably this style.

It's best used in leo/tactical duty as an overhand light. Pinky squeeze or not...I still prefer it without the clip holder.

It can be carried hand shake style and can be turned on/off easy enough with the side of a pinky.
Great for an upper cut dna sample while dog walking if ever need be.

Last edited: